DAY 1 (D): CANOE TRIP - NIGHT HIKE
On your first day, you will arrive at the Lago Agrio airport, where your pick up will be waiting for you. They will bring you to the lodge by a canoe trip down the Cuyabeno River. During this trip you can already spot some wildlife. After dinner you can prepare yourself for an adventurous night hike in the Jungle.
DAY 2 (B,L,D): JUNGLE HIKE - BIRDWATCHING - SUNSET
If you only stay 3 days in the jungle, you can choose between a three hour hike in the forest to learn about all the flora and fauna, including lessons about how to use the plants in case of survival. In the afternoon you can go bird watching and see a sunset at Laguna Grande. Also you can go swimming and caiman searching.
If you choose for the other option, you are going to meet the Siona indigenous community. Here you can interact with them and learn about their traditions. You are going to make local manioc bread with them. Then you are going to visit a Shaman to learn about his secrets and ancestral knowledges of shamanism. This is for sure going to be an experience full day.
Day 3 (B,L,D): INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY
If this is your last day, you are going to go birdwatching from a 25 meters high tower before breakfast. Then there will be a transfer down the Cuyabeno river to bring you back to the airport. Otherwise, you are going to visit the indigenous community on this day.
Day 4 (B,L,D): CANOE TRIP - SUNSET
In the morning on the fourth day of this five day trip you are going to paddle in a traditional dugout canoe through small canals, while searching for wildlife and enjoy the serenity of the jungle. In the afternoon, you are going to watch the sunset at Laguna Grande with another opportunity for swimming and caiman searching.
Day 5 (B): BIRDWATCHING
On the last day you are going to go birdwatching. After breakfast you have a journey up the Cuyabeno river to the airport at Lago Agrio. Here you have your flight or bus back to your destination.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 5 Days
Departure Time :
9:30 AM either at Hotel D'Mario in Lago Agrio or at the airport of Lago Agrio
Departure Details :
Return Details :
Lago Agrio airport or bus station
OverviewDuring this adventurous trip in the Amazon, you will experience the jungle life. You are going to have a canoe trip and meanwhile you can already see some beautiful plants and animals. Then you can go on a hike to learn about all the plants and how to use them during survival. You can spot some birds and see a stunning sunset at the Laguna Grande. Also you have the chance to meet an indigenous community and on your last day you go birdwatching from a 25 meters high tower.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All-inclusive tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
DAY 1 (D): CANOE TRIP - NIGHT HIKE
- 2/3 or 4 nights accommodation in a private room with private bathroom (if traveling with 2 or more), if you are traveling by yourself you will be sharing your room with max 3 other guests from the same gender, with private bathroom.
- Entrance fees
- Meals as described in the itinerary; with the 5 day program 4x breakfast, 4x lunch, 4x dinner
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Waterproof poncho (recommendable to bring your ows as well)
- Mosquito net
- Life vests
- Contribution to community ($6 USD)
- Transportation to and from Lago Agrio
- Personal expenses
- Torch and binuculars
- Extra food and beverages
- Tips for the guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Flights are not recommended, but if you want to take a flight, we recommend to take a flight one day before your tour starts to Lago Agrio.
When you take a flight, we recommend to book the return flight after 15.00 pm.
Important things to bring:
Long sleeved shirts
Comfortable walking shoes
Camera + batteries
Zip-lock bags to keep equipment dry
Hat or cap
Small backpack (waterproof)
Some activities depend on weather conditions.
It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
Our preferred lodges are Guacamayo, Nicky Lodge and Jamu lodge. The itinerary might change a little bit per lodge. Placement of lodge is subject to availability,
In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Where is the pick-up on day one, either the Airport or the Centra meeting point in town
- Arrival and departure information of international flights
- Room type (twin, matrimonial) or triple (in case of a group with 3 or more guests).
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp).
For all guests:
- Passport numbers
- Date of birth
- Food restriction
- Medical restrictions
You Might Also Like
- Quilotoa Lagoon Day Trip from Quito
- Mitad del Mundo Half Day Tour
- Quilotoa Day Trip from Quito
- Mindo Cloud Forest Day Trip from Quito
- Private Full-Day Trip to Otavalo and Its Surroundings from Quito
- Private Day Trip to Papallacta Hot Springs from Quito
- Otavalo Marketplace, Cuicocha Lagoon, Peguche Waterfall from Quito
- Quito Top Ecuadorian food tour and Canelazo at La Ronda Street