5-Day Kashmir Valley Tour From Srinagar
OverviewJoin this wonderful 5-day guided tour of the breathtakingly beautiful Kashmir Valley. Stay overnight on a lovely houseboat, witness the spectacular snow-capped mountains, and visit the saffron fields in Pampore and the highest green golf course in the world in Gulmarg. Pass through the thick pine forests and see the Lidder River meandering through Pahalgam. Take a shikara ride on Dal and Nageen Lakes and take a walk in the lovely gardens in Srinagar.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- A la carte dinner included
- Airport transfer
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourDay 1:
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel in Srinagar in the morning and transfer you to your houseboat. After check-in, enjoy your traditionally served cashmere tea. Later, join a sightseeing tour of Srinagar. The lovely gardens of Srinagar, such as Shalimar Bagh and Nishat Garden, are dated back to the Mughal era and considered as a testimony to the aesthetic tastes of the Emperors. Take a ride on a small row boat, called a shikara, on Dal and Nageen Lakes with more than 1,000 boats floating on these lakes. See the floating market, then return to your houseboat for lunch.
In the late afternoon, take a walking tour in the old parts of the city. There are numerous shops displaying handicrafts, pashmina shawls and carpets. Visit the Shankaracharya Temple on a hill and experience the amazing sunset at Pari Mahal. Return to your houseboat for dinner and overnight stay. (L, D)
After an early breakfast, take an excursion to Sonmarg, situated at an altitude of 3,000 meters and approximately 98 km from your houseboat. En route, stopover at the waterfalls and streams, and enjoy the lovely view of the Himalayan mountains. If weather permits, you have an option to enjoy a pony ride to Thajiwas Glacier. Return to your houseboat for dinner and overnight stay. (B, L, D)
After breakfast, drive to Pahalgam, the Valley of Shepherds, located about 150 km away from your houseboat. Visit saffron fields at Pampore and Awantipura Temple, passing through a thick pine forest. Have lunch at a restaurant in Pahalgam. Be enthralled by the course of River Lidder and how its gushing water strikes the boulders that lie in its path. Return by the late evening to your houseboat for dinner and overnight stay. (B, L, D)
After an early breakfast, transfer to Gulmarg, Meadows of Flowers, situated 2,730 meters above sea level. Gulmarg is a wondrous mountain resort with the world's highest golf course and also India's premier ski resort. Check-in to your hotel for lunch and get some rest. In the afternoon, stroll along the grassy slopes and see the setting sun. Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay. (B, L, D)
After breakfast, leave for Srinagar. Visit Jama Masjid, originally built in 1394 and restored in 1672. As the largest mosque in Kashmir, Jama Masjid has 378 wooden pillars supporting the structure and is so large that it can accommodate thousands of devotees. Another great attraction is the Shah-e-Hamdan situated on the banks of River Jhelum. Astonishingly ornate, the frontage and interiors have intricate Kashmiri work. When the tour is concluded, you will be taken back to your hotel in Srinagar. (B)
Inclusions for 5-Day Kashmir Valley Tour From Srinagar
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 4 nights accommodation
- Shikara boat ride
- Pony ride to Thajiwas Glacier (depending on the weather)
- All activity and entry fees
- All meals
- Transferred by air-conditioned car or coach
- Local guides
- Mineral water and soft drinks
Exclusions for 5-Day Kashmir Valley Tour From Srinagar
- Photography charges
- Alcoholic drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 9 people per booking
The rates quoted are per person sharing a room.
Solo traveler or a single occupant of a room will require to pay additional 50% of the published price.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Legendary Kashmir: A Three-Day Journey To Paradise
- Finest Magical Kashmire
- Heirlooms From The Past: A Tour of Srinagar's Mughal Gardens
- Fantasy Set in Reality: An Excursion to Gulmarg From Srinagar
- The Meadow of Gold: An Excursion to Sonmarg
- 4-Day Private Kashmir Paradise Package from Srinagar with Houseboat Accommodation
- 5-Night Luxury Package Tour of Kashmir from Srinagar