5-Day Private Tour: Lhasa, Gyangtse, And Shigatse
OverviewThis 5-Day Private tour to Yamdrom Lake, Gyangtse, and Shigatse in Tibet will allow you to explore the Tibetan culture and daily life in depth. The once-in-the-life experience comes complete with 3 or 4 star accommodations and activities such as a visit to the Tashilumpo monastery. At the end of your trip, you will be transferred to the Lhasa Gonggar Airport for your flight back home.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Multi-Day Trip
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourDay 1: (No meals)
Upon your arrival in Lhasa, your private guide will pick you up and begin the 1.5 hour transfer to downtown Lhasa. On the way to your hotel, enjoy the heart-beating highland view along the Yarlong Tsangpo river, the longest river in Tibet. After you check-in to your hotel, you have the rest of the day to spend at your leisure. Overnight accommodation at a 4-star hotel in Lhasa.
Day 2: (B)
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel, then make the 7 to 8 hours drive to Gyangtse via the Gampa La pass, which offers spectacular views of the Nojin Kangsang snow ranges and the turquoise lake Yamdrok. On the way, you may also view the amazing Karola glacier. Arrive in Gyangtse in the afternoon to spend the rest of your day at your leisure. Overnight accommodation at a 3-star hotel in Gyangtse.
Day 3: (B)
In the morning, visit the Pelkhor monastery, famous for its Kumbum Pagoda. After lunch, begin your 2-hour ride to Shigatse. While you are en route, stop to visit a local Tibetan family to experience and indulge into the daily Tibetan life. Overnight accommodation at a 4-star hotel in Shigatse.
Day 4: (B)
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel, then visit Pachen Lama's seat place, the large and complex Tashilumpo monastery. Afterwards, briefly visit a charming local market. After lunch, drive back to Lhasa along the Yarlung Tasangpo River. The journey from Shigatse to Lhasa will take approximately 5.5 hours. Overnight accommodation at a 3-star hotel in Lhasa.
Day 5: (B)
On your final day, your driver will transfer you to the airport to catch your departing flight.
Inclusions for 5-Day Private Tour: Lhasa, Gyangtse, And Shigatse
- 4 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private airport transfer
- Tibet Permit
Exclusions for 5-Day Private Tour: Lhasa, Gyangtse, And Shigatse
- International flight to Lhasa
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.