5-Day Tour: Tibet Home-stay From Xining
OverviewThis five-day tour is a true adventure in eastern Amdo, Tibet. Come experience Amdo Tibetan nomad home-stay and venture with hosting families! You will be matched with either a Tibetan nomad or farmer family to fully immerse in Tibetan culture. This unique experience is rarely available in the market. You will visit Chabcha, Mangzong County, Sogwo Grassland, and Rebgong during your trip. Book this family friendly tour for quality Amdo Tibetan nomad home-stay and create precious memories of your own to cherish.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tourDay 1: Qinghai Lake - Chabcha Town (Gong'he)
In the morning, you will drive from Xining to Lake Kokonor, also known as Qinghai Lake, the largest salt water source in Asia at 10,499 feet (3200 meters) above sea level. Arriving nearby the lake in the afternoon and drive to Chabcha Town through Shala Pass where you will see panoramic and stunning view of the lake. You can also possibly hike one to two hours up the mountain to Shala-pass (12,467 ft./3800 m. above sea level). Local nomads are herding their animals on the grassland here in summer where flowers are blossoming in this peaceful place. You will be able to get fresh yak-milk yogurt from local nomads. After that, you drive to Chabcha Town. Overnight: at a local hotel
Day 2: Mangzong County (Gui'nan) (B)
Drive to Mangzong. En route, you will visit Atsok Monastery, a remote and old monastery, nearby the Yellow River where you can see the water flowing from the top into the valley. Cross the bridge over the Yellow River and continue driving to Kushug Village near Mangzong county. Overnight: Home-stay in a farm village.
Day 3: Sogwo Grassland (B)
After breakfast with the Tibetan farmer family, you will drive to Sogwo through amazing grasslands of Tsekog. Stay and camp with a Tibetan-Mongolian nomad family where you can learn how to herd and milking yaks, a hands-on experience of Amdo nomad lifestyle. Overnight: Camp near a Tibetan nomad family
Day 4: Rebgong (B)
Today, you will drive to Rebgong (Tongren). Rebgong is an old Amdo town surrounding Longwo Monastery. It is also the prefecture of Huangnan. This place is rich in Tibetan culture and traditional arts, and it hosts a special Mountain God Festivals called lurol in summer. Some of the villages and monasteries in this region are famous for their Tibetan thangka painting throughout Tibet. You will visit upper and lower Sengeshong Monastery to explore the arts of Tibetan thangka painting. Overnight: Home-stay
Day 5: Xining (B)
You will drive back to Xining from Rebgong and be transferred to Lete hostel where this five days adventure concludes.
Inclusions for 5-Day Tour: Tibet Home-stay From Xining
- Transportation (Regular car)
- 2 nights home-stay
- 1 night camping near a Tibetan nomad family
- Camping equipment
- Tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off service
Exclusions for 5-Day Tour: Tibet Home-stay From Xining
- Train tickets and airfare
- Lunch and dinner
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.