7:30 am Departure from the hotel or our office. Car from Iquitos to Nauta (1:30 hrs). Motorboat from Nauta to Santo Domingo (3 hrs).
Entrance permit for the National Reserve. Arrival to a village inside the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve. Boat excursion to a lagoon.
Looking for pink dolphins (Inia geoffrensis). Exploration hiking. Bird watching.
Accommodation: Overnight in a typical village house.
Days 2 to 4:
Motorboat to camping area (3 hrs). Set up camp. During these days we will do the following activities:
- Piranha fishing (Serrasalmus nattereri).
- Hikes through primary jungle in search of wildlife.
- Identification of medicinal plants.
- Drinking water from forest vines Soga de agua.
- Searching for the giant tree, largest of the jungle "Lupuna".
- Nocturnal explorations in search of tarantulas and other insects.
- Excursion in search of primates.
- Night exploration in search of alligators and other species.
Overnight in the jungle.
Return by motorboat to the village. Wildlife observation. Buying handicrafts (optional). Return by motorboat to Nauta (3 hrs). Car from Nauta to Iquitos (1:30 hrs). 7:00 pm Arrival to Iquitos city.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 5 Days
Departure Time :
7:30am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Departure Details :
From the hotel or from the Iquitos' International Airport or from our office
Return Details :
Original departure point or the hotel in Iquitos
Cancellation Policy : This activity is non-refundable
Join this 5-day expedition to the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve in Iquitos, organized by Amazon Explorer. The Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve is abundant and surpasses all the senses, from the lagoons to the incredible variety of wildlife. Many myths and legends of the Amazon steam from this mysterious area that still remains unspoiled. This is a wildlife-focused tour to this natural reserve that is the best choice for those who want to experience the jungle and observe its wildlife.
- All-inclusive tour
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
- Hotel or airport pickup and drop-off
- Land and river transportation included in the program
- Private boat trip
- All meals provided for duration of trip
- Refreshments and purified water
- Permission to the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve
- Native guides and tour leader
- Materials/gear, including mosquito nets, sheets, and sponge sleeping pad
- Discount at Emperador Terraza, a small and central hotel in Iquitos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rubber boots (wellies)*
- Gratuities (optional)
* Bring your own wellies. Available to buy in Iquitos until size 10.5 (US) or 44 (EUR).
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This program is for adventurers, as you will spend the night in a villager's traditional house and camp. Eco-lodges are not offered
Overnight in camp requires guests to sleep on sponge sleeping pad with sheets and mosquito net
It is suggested to arrive in Iquitos a day before to avoid issues caused by flight delays. Flight out must be taken after 9:30pm or, much better, a day after the program
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Important: the tour operator reserves the right to change the activities listed in the itinerary, in case they cannot be performed due to weather conditions or water levels of rivers in different seasons
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
The following information is required for each traveler: names of all travelers, passport or ID number, nationality, date of birth, shoe size, detailed food requirements (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc), allergies or medical conditions, flight information (airline, flight number and arrival/departure hours), name of your hotel in Iquitos (all travelers on this tour receive a discount at Emperador Terraza, a small and affordable hotel in Iquitos)