5-Hour Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Morning Tour By Train From MunichWrite a Review
Explore what has become one of the most important centers of remembrance, contemplation, and learning in Germany today with this 5-hour Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site tour from Munich.
Know More about this tour
In March 1933, Heinrich Himmler ordered the construction of one of Germany’s first concentration camps, just outside of Dachau (a small town near Munich). The first 5,000 prisoners were political enemies of the Nazi regime. In the following years, other social, ethnic, and racial enemies were imprisoned as Dachau grew to become the only concentration camp active during the entire Third Reich period (1933-1945).
At the time of liberation, over 200,000 prisoners from more than 30 nations were imprisoned there. During the 1960s, the Dachau memorial was founded to investigate their plight. On this 5-hour tour with your native English-speaking memorial guide, you will explore what has become one of the most important centers of remembrance, contemplation, and learning in Germany today.
On this 5-hour tour you will explore the former SS Training Camp, Appellplatz (Roll Call Square), the Administration Building, the typical prisoners' arrival at the camp, prisoner categories and punishments, the Nandor Gild Monument, Religious Memorials, The Memorial to the "Unknown Prisoner", the camp's liberation in April 1945, and the story behind the founding of the concentration camps.
Inclusions for 5-Hour Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Morning Tour By Train From Munich
- All activities
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
Exclusions for 5-Hour Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Morning Tour By Train From Munich
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.