6 Days In Sri Lanka Central Highlands And Southern Beach - Colombo
OverviewHoliday in the miracle of Asia Sri Lanka. The central hill country Kandy, Nuwara Eliya and Ella and in the southern beach town Galle a UNESCO World Heritage site. The tour starting from capital Colombo through breathtakingly stunning scenery of the central highlands of Sri Lanka with abundance of green valleys, tea plantations, waterways and finally to the southern beach side of Sri Lanka.
Know More about this tourDay 1:
Upon arrival at Airport in Colombo, you will be greeted by your drive/guide and transferred to the hotel for check-in. If time permits, in the evening enjoy a city tour and visit the Independence Square, Galle Face Green, business district, some galleries and temples.
Kandy is the last capital of the Kings before British took control of entire country in 1815, a UNESCO Site and also home to the sacred tooth relic Sri Dalada Maligawa. Visit the temple and then watch a cultural show in the evening. Enjoy a city tour to the lake and a local bazaar for handicraft and gem lapidaries.
Peradeniya Botanical Garden, originally a pleasure garden for the Kings. A paradise for nature lovers with flower beds, lawns, pavilions, and conservatories.
Nuwara Eliya famously known as the Little England, colonial era model town build to imitate an English village. Enjoy the breathtaking landscapes, green covered mountains, waterfalls, lakes and tea lands of the hill country.
Also stop by at a tea estate and factory and enjoy trekking through the lush green tea plants. Learn how Pure Ceylon Tea is made.
Ella is a new found tourism hot-spot in Sri Lanka. Rech Ella taking the one of the most scenic train ride you ever experience. Ella is pure natural beauty, waterfalls, greenery, hills and rail journeys all packed in this hilly village.
Train ride, small Adams' peak, Ravana Ella falls, and nine arch railway bridge.
Visit the Dutch Fort, one of the most popular UNESCO Sites in Galle. The main port in the west coast in ancient times and the center of Dutch rule in 17th century. The Dutch Museum and church are two famous attractions in Galle with Dutch hospital shopping arcade. Make a stop at a turtle conservation site and visit traditional mask and craft making workshops. Spend the rest of the day enjoying sunny beach.
There is no itinerary planned for the day. Enjoy your time in the beach and sea.
According to your departure time you will be transferred to Airport for your onward journey.
Inclusions for 6 Days In Sri Lanka Central Highlands And Southern Beach
- 5 nights accommodation based on twin/ double sharing basis
- Breakfast meals
- Scenic train ride from Nuwara Eliya to Ella
- Transport by air conditioned private vehicle
- Colombo city tour, Galle Dutch Fort tour, Kandy City tour
- Tea estate & factory visit, spice garden visit
- Entrance fees to Peradeniya Botanical Garden, cultural show, turtle conservation farm
Exclusions for 6 Days In Sri Lanka Central Highlands And Southern Beach
- Entrance fees to sites other than mentioned above in "Inclusions"
- Any excursions fee not mentioned in "Inclusions"
- Photography permits
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 6 people per booking
A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
Minimum age is 3 years
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
The tour includes climbing rocks, hiking, hours of trekking through hilly mountain, vegetation, waterways and jungle. Moderate fitness is recommended
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
Note 1: Although dinner is not included in this product, please note that, on December 24th, 25th or 31st, the Gala Dinner may be mandatory for most of the hotels in Sri Lanka and also approx. US$50 to US$150 per person additional surcharge may apply. The surcharge should be paid directly to the hotel. Please take it into consideration when planning your trip.
Note 2: During the Esala Perahera (Kandy Cultural Parade) period from August 8 to August 18 hotels in Kandy add an additional peak period charge to rooms approx US$30 to US$60 per room. This surcharge should be paid directly to the hotel. Please take it into consideration when planning your trip.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Galle: an Exotic Escape!
- Private Sigiriya & Dambulla Day Tour From Colombo
- Private Half Day Tour - Colombo Street Market and Street Food Experience Tour
- Beautiful Sri Lanka 5 Night and 6 Days Tour (Colombo-Sigiriya-Kandy-Galle)
- Vist To Adam's peak From Colombo
- Visit Sigiriya and Jeep Safari at Minneriya National Park
- Explore Sri Lanka's Rich Cultural Heritage
- AirPort CMB to Colombo Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van