Shanghai Zhaotun village is well-known as "the hometown of Strawberry" in China as there are hundreds of strawberry greenhouses in the area (around 2000 acres). Every year, fromÂ late-December toÂ Mid-May is the best season for strawberry picking in Shanghai. Come and join this 6-hour fun tour to taste the fresh strawberries!Â You will receive complimentary half-kilo strawberry on your way out from the fields. In addition, you will enjoy some local delicacies as lunch at a local farmerâs home followed by famous Zhujiajiao Water Town visit. If you have been to Zhujiajiao before and want to do something else this time, the beautiful Dianshan Lake in Qingpu District can be a good option for you.
- Instant Confirmation
- Seasonal Offer
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Your private tour guide will come to pick you up at your hotel lobby in the morning and take you toÂ Zhaotun Strawberry Park in Qingpu District, which is well-known for its 20 years of research in plant technology. Upon arrival, the first thing you will notice is that you are not actually picking strawberries under a yawning blue sky but in the green house tent with some bees around. But donât let this deter you; the strawberries are worth it! You will find the strawberries there are sweet and run-down-your-chin juicy.Â Your guide will accompany you to one of the tents to pick up the strawberries, andÂ you can taste it as well during the picking time. You will surely have so much fun there!Â
Due to different seasonality; you will have different fruit surprise:
- Strawberry (Dec.âMay)
- Sweet White Melon (MarchâJuly)
- Cherry (May)
- Blueberry (JuneâJuly)
- Peach (JulyâAug.)
- Grape (JulyâOct.)
- Orange (Oct.âNov.)
After your joyful fruit picking time, enjoy a fresh and organic lunch at a local farmerâs home.
In the afternoon,Â you will visit the Zhujiajiao Water Village, an ancient town with a 1,700-year-oldÂ history. It's renowned as the âVenice of the East," and it is surrounded by water, with old architecture, tranquil canals, and crumbling bridges.
After the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Shanghai.
Inclusions for 6-Hour Private Tour: Strawberry Picking And Water Town Visiting From Shanghai
- Entrance fees
- Boat ride
- Bottled water
- Half-kilo strawberry or other kind of fruit for each person or Tea tasting (please choose one)
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- PVG drop-off service if option is selected
Exclusions for 6-Hour Private Tour: Strawberry Picking And Water Town Visiting From Shanghai
- Over than half-kilo strawberry or other kind of fruit
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Age under 3 is free to join
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Please wear light clothing because it gets a bit hot and humid picking berries that are being grown in tents, especially during April and May
Please wear comfortable shoes
For PVG drop-off service tour option travelers, please indicate your departure flight information upon booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.