5-day Garden Route Tour section
Day 1: Depart from Cape Town
Start the scenic journey and reach Wilderness National Park for a canoe ride in pure nature by afternoon. Paddle on a calm river that winds through lush forests and mountains. Overnight in Sedgefield.
Day 2: Awake early to visit Knysna to walk to The Heads - two sandstone cliffs that flank the mouth of the lagoon. Explore Tsitsikamma National Park with a guided walk along shady forest paths or partake in an optional waterfall zip-line (own expense) across waterfalls. Bungee jump from a 216-meter bridge above the Bloukrans River (own expense) or simply enjoy watching them take the plunge. Spend the next two nights in Jefferys Bay.
Day 3: Get an early morning start for a game drive trip in the tour van at Addo Elephant National Park, the third largest national park in South Africa. Home to over 550 wild elephants, lions, buffalo, black rhino and a variety of antelope species. Hop aboard an additional 4x4 Addo Safari (own expense) for further game spotting. In the afternoon return to Jeffreys Bay to try optional surfing or sandboarding (own expense) in one of the world's most famous surf spots.
Day 4: Travel on the infamous Route 62 to overnight at Oudtshoorn.Visit a working ostrich farm to learn about these fascinating birds. Walk through this subterranean wonderland during a tour of the Cango caves' vast halls and towering formations of stalactites and stalagmites. Return to the wild for an optional late afternoon game drive in a 4x4 vehicle at a private game reserve (own expense).
Day 5: The following morning, take part in an optional 'walking with elephants' experience at the game reserve (own expense) to learn about the orphaned elephants as you walk with them. In the afternoon you'll return along scenic Route 62, the longest wine route in the world, to sample some of the local wine. Reach Stellenbosch in the evening to spend your night at leisure.
2-day Winelands & Whale Coast Tour section
Day 6: Your guide will meet you in the morning to set off to Stellenbosch. It's time for wine tasting, pairing some of the best with locally produced cheese and even chocolate. Continue back down to the coast via Franschhoek to reach Cape Agulhas at the southernmost tip of Africa.
Day 7: Either rise at the crack of dawn to go shark cage diving in Gansbaai (own expense), or hop aboard an Eco Cruise (own expense) for a chance to spot some of the Marine Big Five. Visit the popular whale-watching town of Hermanus. Visit Betty's Bay penguin reserve to get up close and personal with a large colony of penguins in their natural habitat, before one final last stop at Clarence Drive viewpoint.
Your tour concludes in Cape Town in the evening.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 7 Days
Departure Time :
Approximately 7am to 8am. You can verify your exact pick-up time with the local supplier a day before the tour departs.
Departure Details :
The included pick-up service can collect you from any Cape Town accommodation within 10-kilometer radius from the city center.
Return Details :
Returns to your original departure point from approximately 5pm to 8pm
Cancellation Policy : This activity is non-refundable
OverviewSet your sense of adventure free on this week-long adventure along the south eastern coast of South Africa from Cape Town. Explore this coastal paradise with an experienced guide: hike in old-growth forests, see endangered animals in wildlife reserves and three National Parks, canoe through pristine waters, surf at Jeffreys Bay and relax on white sand beaches. Taste local wines in the famed Cape Winelands and venture down south along the coastal Cape Whale Route to reach the most southern tip of Africa at Cape Agulhus. A combination of guided trips and optional activities -including bungy jumping and waterfall zip-lining - allows you to tailor this trip to your taste for adventure.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
5-day Garden Route Tour section
- Local English-speaking professional tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 6 nights accommodation, as per selected
- Entrance fees to the penguin reserve in Betty's Bay
- Wine, port, cheese and chocolate tasting session
- Entrance fees to Addo Elephant, Wilderness and Tsitsikamma National Parks
- Wilderness Canoe hire fee
- Safari tour of Addo Elephant National Park
- Adventure tour of Cango Cave and Ostrich Farm tour
- Route 62 wine tasting
- Lunch, dinner and drinks, unless specified
- Optional activities - as per itinerary
- Shark cage diving (about R2000 per person)
- 4x4 Addo game drive (about R350 per person)
- 4x4 Buffelsdriftgame drive (about R350 per person)
- Elephant Bush Walk experience (about R405 per person)
- Bungee jump (about R1000 per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Children between 12 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult
Some optional activities on this tour require a moderate level of fitness
According to availability at time of booking, accommodation will be in the mentioned hotel or in one of a similar standard and star rating
It is recommended that you bring: comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, sun hat, jacket for cooler evenings, beach towel and swimming costume
The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, run in reverse order
Guides and vehicles will vary as this is a combination of two standard tours.
You Might Also Like
- Cape Point, Penguins and Wine Tasting Guided Day Tour from Cape Town
- Table Mountain and Cape Town Half-Day Trip
- Table Mountain Skip-the-Line Ticket and Half-Day Private Chauffeur
- Half-Day Robben Island Tour from Cape Town
- Private Tour: Cape of Good Hope Tour from Cape Town
- Full-Day Cape Town Sightseeing Private Tour
- Full-Day Cape Point and Peninsula Tour from Cape Town
- Full-Day Best of Cape Town Private Tour