7-Day Journey From Luxor To Surrounding Areas
OverviewPrivate 7 day tour to the best ancient monuments in and around Luxor. You will have guided visits in Luxor (including Valley of the Kings, Karnak and Luxor Temples, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, Ramses II Temple) and in the surrounding areas (including temples of Dendera, Abydos, Edfu and Kom Ombo). You will be guided by a licensed Egyptologist tour guide and transported to all the sites by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Family friendly
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourDay 1:
Arrival day in Luxor. Your friendly driver will pick you up from any Luxor port to take you to your Luxor accommodation.
After breakfast your Egyptologist tour guide and driver will pick you up with a private air-conditioned vehicle to enjoy a guided tour to the West Bank of Luxor. First you visit the Valley of the Kings, where you can admire 3 tombs of different dynasties. Your tour guide will recommend the best tombs to see. Next, you will visit the Temple of Ramses III (Medinet Habu), one of the most beautiful temples in the West Bank, built by king Ramses III. Finally, you will be able to admire the Colossi of Memnon, two huge statues of king Amenhotep III. After touring the sites you will be transported back to your accommodation where you can spend the rest of the day at leisure.
After breakfast you can enjoy a guided tour to the East Bank of Luxor, where you visit Karnak and Luxor Temples. Karnak is a complex of temples built in different reigns in dedication of the Luxor triad of Amun-Ra, his wife Mut and their son Khonsu. In Luxor Temple you will see the granite statues of Ramses the Great. These ancient temples are a must-see for Luxor travelers. Rest of the day free at leisure.
In the morning you will be picked up by an air-conditioned vehicle for a full guided trip to Abydos, where the ancient Egyptians believed Osiris, the god of the underworld, was to be buried. The paintings on the walls of the Osiris Temple at Abydos are among the most beautifully preserved in Egypt. Afterwards, you will go to Dendera to visit the Hathor Temple, with its sacred lake and famous astrological roof, is a delicately beautiful structure.
In the morning you will be picked up for a guided trip to Kom Ombo where you will visit the Temple of Kom Ombo, dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek. The temple, dating to the Ptolemies, is built on a high dune overlooking the Nile. After this temple you will go to Edfu to visit the Temple of Edfu which is dedicated to Horus, the falcon-headed god. This relatively young pharaonic temple is well-preserved and therefore very impressive. After touring the sites you will be transported back to your accommodation in Luxor.
After breakfast your Egyptologist tour guide and driver will pick you up to enjoy another guided tour to the West Bank of Luxor. There you visit the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, Temple of Ramses II, Valley of the Nobles and Valley of the Artisans (Deir el-Medina). After touring the sites you will be transported back to your accommodation.
Today you can spend the day free at leisure in Luxor, or choose any optional tour. Upon request, you can be transported to your Luxor port for departure.
Inclusions for 7-Day Journey From Luxor To Surrounding Areas
- Entrance fees
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for 7-Day Journey From Luxor To Surrounding Areas
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Optional tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Airport Pickup
- Hot Air Balloon Flight Over Luxor West Bank and Nile River
- Private Tour: Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatshepsut Temple, Luxor and Karnak Temples from Luxor Airport
- Private Tour to the Temple of Edfu from Luxor
- Luxor Private Full-Day Tour: Discover the East and West Bank of the Nile
- Full Day Tour to Best Monuments of Luxor's West Bank