7 Days Jebel Toubkal - Hiking - Marrakesh
OverviewPass through Berber hamlets, walnut and apple trees and plots of barley and corn and Berber towns ! If you are in good physical condition and you want to reach a 4167 meters high peak, challenge yourself to rise the highest peak in Morocco ! Spend seven days exploring the valleys of the Atlas Mountains. Many of the treasures of this region are tucked away atop remote mountains or at the bottom of deep valleys; this means that trekking is the ideal way to explore the area. This seven days trekking tour in Morocco is challenging yet a rewarding experience. These off beaten tracks most tourists never see. Also, we will trek with a Berber English speaking guide, a Berber cook, muleteers and mules to carry our luggage. Its a challenging walk rather than a climb. Make sure you bring your camera for the views from the summit are simply breathtaking !
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
Mount Toubkal is a mountain peak in southwestern Morocco, located in the Toubkal National Park. At 4,167 meters (13,671 feet), it is the highest peak in the Atlas Mountains and in North Africa. It is an ultra prominent peak located 63 km south of the city of Marrakech and is a popular destination for climbers.
Day 1: Marrakech (Airport) - Riad/Hotel
Our local guide will welcome and meet you at the airport and transfer to the riad / hotel. Spend the night in the red city.
Day 2: Marrakech - Imi nOughlad - LAzib nTamsoult (1 hour 30 minutes drive / 6 hours trekking)
Arrive at the higher foothills of the western high atlas mountains and our trail head of Imi Oughlad (1450 meters), here we alight from our vehicle and meet up with Berber muleteer team. Set off up in north-westerly direction for a 2 hours acclimatization hike up to the Tizi n Tachete (2000 meters). Then a slow hike down winding tracks of upper slopes for about 3 hours.
Day 3: LAzib nTamsoult - Refuge (6 hours 30 minutes trekking)
After breakfast, we start our day with the wonderful waterfall headed in the heart of Ighoulidin gorges. We now set out eastwards on a moderately difficult hike up winding mule tracks to the Tizi Aguelzim (3550 meters) from here we will have a nice view of Toubkal summit. We will enjoy our picnic there and then hike further 3 hours south-east to the Toubkal Refuge which marks the spring snowline at 3207 meters high. There we shall have our dinner in a bivouac around the Refuge. Overnight in tent, including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 4: Hut- Summit - Tahedrit (7 hours trekking)
A very early breakfast to set out around 6am, after a three hour steep climb, we reach the highest peak in the North-Africa (4167 meters).We take the route down Sud Cirque for a straightforward 2 to 3 hours descent back to the Hutfor a picnic. After lunch we shall now set off towards the north along steeply descending and zigzagging trails of the higher slopes of the Valley of the Assif n' Isouhouanem n' Ouagounss to our bivouac. Overnight in tent, including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 5: Tahedrit - Armed (4 hours trekking)
After breakfast we start our short day trek, towards the Shrine of Sidi Chamharouch. Set beside a waterfall, there is a pilgrimage marabout'shrine here, probably the remnant of a pre-Islamic culture, but forbidden to non Muslims. Hike another 2 hours downhill to get to the village of Armed.
Day 6: Armed Marrakech (1 hour drive)
After breakfast its time to drive back to Marrakech to discover the red city. Overnight in riad/hotel, including breakfast.
Day 7: Marrakech - (Airport)
Depending on your departure flight schedules, transfer to the airport.
Inclusions for 7 Days Jebel Toubkal - Hiking
- Meet and road transfers pick up and drop off from airport to riad/hotel
- Road transfers from and to Marrakech
- All ground transfers (fuel included) in modern and clean air-conditioned vehicle
- Muleteers and luggage carried by mules
- Accommodation in 4 star riad/ hotel with half board in Marrakech for 2 nights
- Accommodation in Berber villages for 4 nights (Gites or mountain huts)
- Trek led by qualified Moroccan guide who speaks fluent English
- All meals whilst on trek provided by our expedition cook.
- Full board on trek plus mineral water, coffee and tea
Exclusions for 7 Days Jebel Toubkal - Hiking
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Lunchin Marrakech
- Soft / Alcoholic drinks
- Tips and any miscellaneous extra expenses
- Essential Equipment & Clothing:
- Good walking boots, good trainers and socks
- Personal first aid kit, sunscreen, sunglasses,
- Light weight waterproof clothes (jacket with hood or wind breaker), rain pants, rain coat
- Backpack, cap, rambler pole, binoculars, camera,
- Sleeping bag
- Head toorch or head lamp
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Water bottle
- Most of these equipment can be rented locally from an equipment shop.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Prices quote are for per person, based on twin sharing (unless otherwise stated). Additional nights in riad/ hotel after trek is charge differently for twin sharing and for single.
Most of the equipment can be rented locally from an equipment shop.
A minimum of two people per booking is required
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Group 2 Days Sahara Desert Trip From Marrakech To Zagora Dunes
- 3-Day Desert Private Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
- A half day Quad biking tour in Marrakech Palm groove and villages
- Small GroupMarrakech City Tour Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Marrakech - Ouzoud waterfalls Day Trip
- Full-Day Guided Ouarzazete and Kasbah Ksar Tour from Marrakech
- A NIGHT UNDER THE STARS with one overnight in Luxury Desert camp
- Camel ride and walking