8-Day Chagres And Guna Yala Kayaking Expedition - Panama City
OverviewThis exciting adventure combines river rafting in the Chagres National Park, learning about the indigenous life at the Embera Village and exploring the island paradise San Blas while snorkeling and sea kayaking.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- All-inclusive tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Multi-Day Trip
Know More about this tour
1st day: Arrival to Panama City
You will be welcomed atTocumen International Airport, nearby Panama City and transferred to a Panama City Hotel.
Lodging at Hotel Marbella**
2nd day: The Chagres Challenge
Get ready for an early start at 7 am when you will be picked and taken in an all-terrain vehicle to the remote village of San Cristobal, which is past the mountains of Cerro Azul, northeast of Panama City.
After a wild 4x4 drive through yourown made highway, you will hike for about 2-3 hours on a trail within Chagres National Park up to Rio Piedras, a Chagres River tributary or all the way to Chagres River. Here you will get into rafts to float downstream (Class II-III rapids) into the untouched jungles of the upper basin of the Chagres River.
Lunch will beby the river and continue rafting further downstream passing an impressive granite canyon with some white water rapid action, and ending just before encountering Madden Lake.
The camp will be setup in a river shore or stay the night on an Embera Village around 4-6 p.m.
Lodging at Tent Camp breakfast, lunch, dinner
3rd day: Embera Indian Village
After breakfast you will help to take down thecamp in river shore and leave no trace behind in the case of improvised camp or start the day on the Embera village.Along the trek you will be expected by a piragua (native wooden canoe equipped with outboard motor) that will take you to their Embera Indian Village.
After sharing the kind hospitality of Embera Natives youwill get back to thepiragua that will take youto the nearest road. A driver will be expecting to bring you back to civilization, and back to city hotel.
Lodging Hotel Marbella* breakfast, lunch
4th day: San Blas Archipelago - Sea Kayaking and Snorkeling
Pick up at 05:00 am to be transported in 4x4 to San Blas. It will be a 3 hour drive in which will cross the continental divide from the Pacific to the Atlantic. Once in the ocean a motorboat will take you to therecent set base camp.
Today the group will get a taste of sea kayaking in a nearby circuit.
Lodging at camp breakfast, lunch, dinner
5th - 7th days: Sea Kayaking and Snorkeling
Explore near by island and reefs, lodging at camp breakfast, lunch, dinner
8th day: Departure
Early wake up to pack and make it out by 07:00 am after breakfast. Back to mainland onboard motorboat and back to Panama City in vehicles 4x4. Arrive to Panama City around 12:00 pm.
Inclusions for 8-Day Chagres And Guna Yala Kayaking Expedition
- All mentioned transportation, rafts or duckies, sea kayak (tandem or single) and related gear
- Camping gear
- Professional guide
- Lodging (2 nights at Hotel Marbella**, Panama City,1 night at Tent Campsite by upper Chagres River, Chagres National Park, Panama, 4 nights at Tent Campsite at San Blas, Panama)
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
Exclusions for 8-Day Chagres And Guna Yala Kayaking Expedition
- International flight
- Airport tax ($ 20.00/person)
- personal expenses
- Meals not specified in itinerary
- Extras expenses (laundry, room service, phone calls)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
The rainy season in Panama starts in April-May and ends by November-December. Due to changing river water level it can not be defined in advance where you will stay the night on river shore. At San Blas, usually the north wind settles from December to March which does not allow you to go as far as Cayos Holandeses. On this months camp is usually set on Cayos Limon.
Minimum age is 12 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.