8-Day Salkantay Trek Tour To Machu Picchu From CuscoWrite a Review
OverviewWe have created an adventure in which you will be able to experience Peru at its best and like never before. Salkantay Trek is an ancient and remote footpath located in the same region as the Inca Trail where massive snowcapped mountains collide with lush tropical rain forests.
Know More about this tourDiscover Machu Picchu and Peru on this 8-day Salkantay trek that will show you the best views, places and culture. Our professional staff will be with you and your group all along the way as you learn and experience Peruvian culture at its best. This is the adventure of a lifetime not to be missed by those who love discovering new cultures and seeing one of the most famous and recognized attractions in the world: Machu Picchu.
See itinerary below for a detailed description.
Inclusions for 8-Day Salkantay Trek Tour To Machu Picchu From Cusco
- Before Salkantay Trek:
- All transfers
- All transportationd
- All tours
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- All entrances
- 3 night's accommodations in 2 star hotels (Hotel in Cusco : Tandapata boutique and Taypikala hotels)
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (Waman hotels)
- All breakfast included in the accommodations
- During the Trek:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment
- Pick-up and transportation from your hotel to the start of the trail
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Afternoon Snacks and 4 dinners dining tent with tables and chairs
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes on Day 4
- Inflatable mattress
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Train ticket Hidroelectrica-Machu Picchu
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo
- Transportation Ollantaytambo-Cusco
Exclusions for 8-Day Salkantay Trek Tour To Machu Picchu From Cusco
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
- Single Supplement US$400 (solo travelers)
- Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip
- International and internal flights.
- Meals not otherwise specified
- Gratuities for cooks, horse herders, guides (recommended)
- Huayna Picchu Entrance fee
- Entrance ticket to hot springs
- First breakfast and last lunch at Aguas Calientes
Day 1: Cusco Navel of the World - Inka Museum & Koricancha
This morning will be reserved for resting or free time. In the afternoon we will visit the Inka Museum, home of thousands of years of Andean culture. Continuing with the tour we will move onto the temple of Koricancha, the famous Sun Temple of Qosqo.
Day 2: Chinchero (Textile Interpretation Center) - Maras-Moray
Chinchero: the rainbow village, home of the ruins of the royal palace of the Inka Túpac Inca Yupanqui. Here we will participate in acwonderful introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles. In the afternoon, we will visit Moray and "living" Inka town of Ollantaytambo and then return to Cusco.
Day 3: First Day Trek: Cusco - Molllepata - Soraypampa (L) (D)
We will leave from Cusco at approximately 4:30am. A bus will take us to the town of Mollepata (2900 meters above sea level). Here we will meet with our support staff and will begin our walk toward Soraypampa (3850 meters above sea level).
Day 4: Second Day Trek: Soraypampa - Challway (B) (L) (D)
Today, nature will change drastically from dry sceneries to snowy peaks and tropical areas. We will hike to a place called Pampas Salkantay, then go toward the left side of the snowy peaks of Umantay located next to the Apu Salkantay. At midday, we will be on the highest point ( 4600 meters above sea level).
Day 5: Third Day Trek: Challway - La Playa - Lucmabamba (B) (L) (D)
At 7am, we will start our trek and we will enjoy the beautiful sunrise. We will walk for about 5 hours toward Playa Sahuayaco and during this period; we will observe a town called Collpabamba, also called the "Forest Cloudy Brow" where waterfalls, fruit-bearing trees, varied flora, and birds can be observed.
Day 6: Fourth Day Trek: Lucmabamba - Llaptapata - Hidroelectrica - Aguas Calientes (17km, 9 hours)
Around 8am, we will gradually hike up for about 2 hours to finally get to Llapta Pata a beautiful archeological site which has connections to the Inca sites Machupicchu and Sayacmarka. .
Day 7: Fifth Day Trek: Aguas Caliented - Machi Picchu - Cusco (B)
Today we will rise very early for breakfast and ascend to the citadel Inka of Machu Picchu (approx 25 minutes by bus) to appreciate sunrise in this magical place. This is a famous masterpiece of architecture and engineering, believed to have been a santuary and energetic center. Today Machu Picchu is recognized by UNESCO as one of the seven wonders of the world and a World Heritage site.
Day 8: Free Walking Tour - Flight to Lima
Free morning to relax or free walking tour. In the afternoon, you'll be transferred to the airport for your departure to Lima.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 10 years
Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart disease or other serious medical conditions
Important: Upon booking, please contact the email address on your voucher to advise of any specific requirements and flight information
What you need to bring:
Original Passport, ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
Clothes: Walking boots, Waterproof jacket / rain poncho, Warm jacket, Hat and gloves, T-shirts, comfortable trousers
Other items: Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher), insect repellent, toiletries and hand sanitize, personal medication, camera and film, torch with spare batteries