8-Day Seven Churches Tour - IstanbulWrite a Review
From USD 874.18
OverviewAfter Israel, Turkey has more biblical sites than any other country in the Middle East. For this reason Turkey is rightly called the 'Other Holy Land'. Peter, Paul, John and Mother Mary either ministered or lived in Turkey.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- All-inclusive tour
- Multi-Day Trip
Know More about this tourDay 1 - Istanbul
Arrival Day. Welcome to Turkey. Arrive in Istanbul airport, meet your guide and transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 - Istanbul [B;L]
Journey begins in Istanbul, the only city in the world situated on two continents. Visit the Topkapi Palace including the Harem, St. Sophia, The Blue Mosque and Hippodrome, where chariot races and the Byzantine riots took place. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 3 - Smyrna - Pergamon [B;L;D]
Transfer from hotel to Istanbul airport for flight to Izmir. Arrival in Izmir. Drive to ancient Smyrna, was the second one of the seven Christian churches in Asia Minor to which St. John the Divine wrote (Revelation l - 11). In the afternoon proceed to Thyatira, another one of the Seven Churches. See the remains of a Basilica and other ruins from the Roman Period. Overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 4 - Pergamon [B;L;D]
Pergamon (Bergama). Visit the Acropolis with its pagan temples and Altar of Zeus. Continue to the healing center, Aesculapius. Overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 5 - Sardis - Philadelphia - Pamukkale [B;L;D]
After breakfast depart for Sardes, another one of the Seven Churches mentioned by St. John. Continue to Philadelphia to, another one of the Christian congregations, and a city built in 2 BC by King Eumenos. Continue to Pamukkale (Hierapolis). Watch the sunset over the petrified waterfalls. Overnight in Pamukkale.
Day 6 - Laodicea - Ephesus [B;L;D]
Visit Hierapolis and then Laodicea before continuing to Ephesus. See the final abode of the Virgin Mary where she spent her last years. Tour through ancient Ephesus to see the old synagogue, the theater where St. Paul preached (Acts 10), the Library of Celsus and other sights. Overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 7 - Istanbul [B]
Transfer to the airport for the flight to Istanbul. Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Free time in Grand Bazaar in the afternoon and overnight in Istanbul.
Day 8 - Istanbul [B]
After breakfast check out from the hotel. Have a safe trip back home.
Inclusions for 8-Day Seven Churches Tour
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Transportation in an air-conditioned, non smoking coach
- Professional Guide
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- 7 buffet breakfasts
- 5 lunches
- 4 dinners
- Airport and hotel transfer
Exclusions for 8-Day Seven Churches Tour
- International flights
- Personal expenses: extras at hotel or additional meals
- Any type of insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.