OverviewExperience an 8-day private tour from Bucharest to include Sibiu, Sighisoara, Bistrita, Gura Humorului, Piatra Neamt, Brasov and Sinaia. Learn how three different cultures converge in one country. Enjoy sightseeing in Bucharest, Romania's capital. Visit Dracula's birthplace, Sighisoara. See Borgo Pass, Dracula's Castle, Peles Castle, Bicaz Gorges and the magnificent painted churches from Bucovina.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourDay 1: Bucharest
Departure from your hotel or directly from the airport of Bucharest. Visit to the Parliament Building, the second largest building of the world after the Pentagon in the United States, the old town and the romanian Atheneum. Overnight incentral located 4* hotel.
Day 2: Bucharest - Curtea de Arges - Sibiu
We have breakfast and depart to Sibiu. On the way we visitMonastery of Curtea de Arges and continue with a visit to Cozia Monastery. We continue our tour with Sibiu, the city which was chosen as The European Capital of Culture in 2007 along with the city of Luxembourg.Visit the medieval old town and overnight in a central located 4* hotel. On request we can offer dinner at peasants house in Sibiel.
Day 3: Sibiu - Sighisoara - Bistrita
We have breakfast and depart to Biertan fortified church, famous for its divorce prison room and later we will arive in Sighisoara (Unesco) , the city where Vlad Tepes (The Impaler) was born.We will visit the Unesco citadel and then go to Bistrita through the beautiful city of Targu Mures which we visit shortly. Overnight in Hotel Coroana de Aur 4* where stayed also Jonathan Harker from the novel of Bram Stoker in Bistrita or similar.
Day 4: Bistrita - Gura Humorului - Radauti
We have breakfast and depart to visit the most important monasteries from Bucovina: Moldovita and Sucevita monasteries. Later we will stop for a demonstration of black pottery at Marginea. Overnight in a 4* hotel in Gura Humorului or Radauti.
Day 5: Radauti - Piatra Neamt
We have breakfast in the hotel, then we visit Humor Monastery, then Voronet Monastery (Voronet became famous among art lovers thanks to two features of its painting: blue, made with a formula still unknown, called "blue Voronet" and the magnificent scene depicting "The Last Judgement"). We continue our journey to Piatra Neamt with a visit to the Monastery Agapia. Overnight in a 4* hotelin Piatra Neamt. or Roman.
Day 6: Piatra Neamt - Brasov
We have breakfast and depart to Brasov on one of the most beautiful scenic roads of Romania, Bicaz Gorges. We continue our journey to the Red Lake and after a stop in Miercurea Ciuc we will arrive in the medieval town of Brasov.Visit the beautiful city of Brasov with its Black Church and overnight in a 3* Hotel close to the old town.
Day 7: Brasov - Sinaia - Bucharest
After breakfast we have a stop in Bran to visit Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle) and depart to Sinaia, with a visit of Peles Castle (considered among the most beautiful in Europe). Later we continue to Bucharest with a visit to the Village Museum.Overnight in Bucharest in a 4* central located Hotel.
Day 8: Bucharest - Airport
After breakfast wecontinue the visit ofBucharest, then transfer to the airport.
Inclusions for 8-Day Transylvania And UNESCO Painted Monasteries From Bucharest
- 7 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for 8-Day Transylvania And UNESCO Painted Monasteries From Bucharest
- Photo fees at museum (where requested)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.