8 Days Classic Tour To Visit Most Famous Cities Of Kunming Dali Lijiang And Shangri-La
OverviewThis tour is a complete review of Yunnan. Visit Yunnan's vibrant capital Kunming including Yunnan Provincial Museum;Stone forest which is reputed as "First Wonder Under Heaven and one of UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. Experience Dali old town with its Bai ethnic minority and cruise on the famous Erhai Lake. Get inspired by the famous lijing by visiting Black Dragon Pool, Dongba Museum,Jade Water Village with the former Residence of Joseph Rock and horse ride in vast meadow; you will also trek parts of the Tiger Leaping Gorge,and at last travel to Yunnan's Tibetan influenced Shangri-la including Songzanlin Lamasery, Baiji Temple and Napahai Lake.Very worth mentioning here, from Kunming to Dali, you will take the over night first class soft sleeper train, a trip on a train definitely adds more adventure, fresh experience and diversity to your trip. Grab your camera, pack your luggage and join us on this fascinating tour.
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Kunming
The tour guide and driver will pick you up from Kunming airport then take you to visit Yunnan Provincial Museum to know Yunnan's history and the rich ethnic culture.
Day 2: Kunming - Stone Forest - Dali
After pick up from your hotel you will be served with freshly brewed tea at the Yunnan Puer Tea Ceremony. Later on you head to the Stone forest also known as the "First Wonder Under Heaven" UNESCO listed in 2007. Get delighted by this magical, mystical place where culture, legend, and natural history share the stage with limestone rock formations. You will then be served with a local authentic lunch then afterwards head to the train station to catch the first class over night soft sleeper train to Dali.
Day 3: Dali
Arrive in Dali in the early morning where the local guide and driver meet you and take you for breakfast at first. Enjoy the beautiful view from the outside of three pagodas then go ahead and check in the hotel and have a rest. In the afternoon we visit the spectacular Dali Old Town sandwiched between Cangshan Mountain and Erhai Lake. This will then be followed by hotel drop off.
Day 4: Dali - Lijiang
Xizhou village is your first stop on this day after hotel pick up where you will be treated with a genuine tea ceremony of local Bai ethnic group along with a song and dance performance.Afterwards we head to Erhai for a lake cruise then have a local lunch before we take a relaxed and comfortable drive to Lijiang. Check in the hotel upon arrival.
Day 5: Lijiang
Visit the famous Black Dragon Pond after hotel pick up at first then move to the beautiful Dongba Museum which presents the different aspects of its rich and complex culture through a range of exhibits, including a scroll depicting the progression of the soul and various altars and paintings. Stop for lunch the visit the tranquil Jade Water Village and ride a horse on the green meadow before hotel drop off.
Day 6: Lijiang - Tiger Leaping Gorge - Shangri-la
Enjoy a relaxed drive to Shangri-la after hotel pick up then visit the Tiger Leaping Gorge en route. From Tiger Leaping Gorge, it takes another 105km and about 2.5 hours drive, you will be taken to Shangri-la.You will have a local lunch on ways to Shangri-la. Overnight: Shangri-la
Day 7: Shangri-La
pick you up from hotel. You will be driven to Songzanlin Lamasery. Songzanlin Lamasery is regarded as little Potala Palace of Tibet . Another 15 miuntes drive, you will be taken to Baiji Temple.After lunch, you will be taken to Napahai Lake in 15 minutes drive. Napahai Lake is a highland lake. The visiting time is one hour. Overnight: Shangri-La
Day 8: Shangri-la (Departure)
You will be send to Shangri-la airport by. From airport, driver and tour guide will say farewell to you .
Inclusions for 8 Days Classic Tour To Visit Most Famous Cities Of Kunming Dali Lijiang And Shangri-La
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary ( lunch from day2 to day7 and one breakfast for day3)
- Soft sleeper train ticket from Kunming to Dali
- Ride horse for about 2 hours
- All activities
- Professional guide and skill driver
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for 8 Days Classic Tour To Visit Most Famous Cities Of Kunming Dali Lijiang And Shangri-La
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Train ticket details will receive by Email from us after your booking tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 7 Days RV Tour in Southeast Yunnan with Red Land and Rice Terrace
- 7 Days Yunnan Charming Old Town Tour
- Private Day Tour: Stone Forest and Jiuxiang from Kunming Including Roasted Duck Lunch
- 2 Days Dongchuan Red Land Tour
- Private Day Tour of Jiuxiang Cave from Yunnan
- Full Day Private Kunming Sedan Chair Snow Mountain Tour
- One day Kunming leisure city tour
- Private Tour: 5-Hour Dragon Gate, Huating Temple, and Grand View Tower Tour in Kunming