8 Hour Tour To Nefertari's Tomb King Tut's Tomb Valley Of The Kings Queen Hatshepsut Temple And Karnak Temples - Luxor
OverviewEnjoy an 8 hour guided tour to explore the mysteries of ancient mythology, such as the mystery of King Tutankhamun, the most famous king in the world. This young king from the New Kingdom was around 10 years old when he ascended the throne and died when he was only 19. You will get the chance to be face to face with his royal mummy in his tomb in the Valley of the Kings. Also, visit other important royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings and Queens, such as the Tomb of Queen Nefertari which is currently open for a limited time and for limited visitors only. And be amazed at the great wonder of Karnak Temples and wander around its many columns. Your Egyptologist tour guide will be with you to take you back in time to discover the ancient mythology of these great sights.
Know More about this tour
In the morning you will be picked up from your hotel in central Luxor or harbor by an air-conditioned vehicle for a full guided trip of about 8 hours.
First you will be transported to the Necropolis of Thebes, the Valley of the Kings on the West Bank of Luxor. This ancient necropolis is a must-see for Luxor travelers. There you visit four royal tombs, including the Tomb of Ramses, the Tomb of Horemheb, the Tomb of Merenptah and the Tomb of King Tut. The tomb of Tutankhamun is the only tomb in the Valley of the Kings that was discovered nearly intact in 1922. The discoverer of his tomb was Howard Carter. Tut's famous golden mask is on display at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, but here you have the opportunity to be amazed at the royal mummy of the young king.
After visiting the tombs you will be transported to the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut (Deir el Bahari), the only woman ever to reign over Egypt as Pharaoh. This queen was an ancestor of King Tutankhamun and belonged to the same dynasty.
Next stop is the Tomb of Queen Nefertari in the Valley of the Queens. She was one of the most famous queens in ancient times, equal with Nefertiti and Cleopatra, and she was the beloved wife of King Ramses the Great. To express his love for her, King Ramses built for her the most beautifully decorated and splendid tomb of all tombs in the Valley of the Queens.
Afterwards, you will be taken to see the Colossi of Memnon, the two largest ancient statues in Egypt which date back to the era of King Amenhotep III. He was the father of King Akhenaten and grandfather of King Tut.
After lunch at a restaurant with Nile view in the West Bank, you visit Karnak Temples in the East Bank of Luxor. There you can admire the Hypostyle Hall, Obelisks of Queen Hatshepsut and Tutomosis I, the Temple of Amon, the Granite Scarbeus of Amenophis III and the Sacred Lake.
After touring the sites you will be transferred back to your hotel by an air-conditioned vehicle.
This tour includes a qualified Egyptologist tour guide, transport by air-conditioned vehicle, all entrance fees for the mentioned sites, lunch, hotel pick up and drop off.
Inclusions for 8 Hour Tour To Nefertari's Tomb King Tut's Tomb Valley Of The Kings Queen Hatshepsut Temple And Karnak Temples
- Entrance fees
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for 8 Hour Tour To Nefertari's Tomb King Tut's Tomb Valley Of The Kings Queen Hatshepsut Temple And Karnak Temples
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Luxor Airport Private Arrival OR Departure Transfer
- FELUCCA RIDE IN LUXOR
- PRIVATE TOUR: DENDARAH AND ABYDOS
- PRIVATE TOUR: HATSHEPSUT TEMPLE
- PRIVATE TOUR: LUXOR WEST BANK, VALLEY OF THE KINGS AND HATSHEPSUT TEMPLE
- PRIVATE TOUR: VALLEY OF THE KINGS
- SOUND & LIGHT SHOW AT KARNAK TEMPLE
- Private Half day Tour to East Bank from Luxor