OverviewThis full day, self-guided, small group tour to Masada, Ein Gedi and the Dead Sea will take you from Jerusalem to the top sights in the Judean Desert. With a hike around an ancient fortress, time to relax and float in the Dead Sea, and a visit to desert oasis, you won't be disappointed.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourStarting out early in the morning, head east from the city of Jerusalem and into the desert hills. As you travel towards the first stop, Masada, you will get an amazing view of the mountains in Jordan across the Dead Sea, and a chance to take a photo at the lowest place on earth.
Once you arrive at the ancient Masada Fortress, your driver will leave you to explore the site as you take a cable car to the top of the mount. With a long history dating back to the time of Herod, this ancient fortress was the site of the last stronghold of the Jewish rebellion, and remains a well preserved Roman ruin.
The next stop is the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve which is a beautiful desert oasis in the middle of Judean desert, and on the banks of the Dead Sea. You will have a chance to explore and time to purchase lunch at the cafe. Ein Gedi is the site where David once hid from King Saul, and with cool streams of fresh spring water, and a large variety of plants and animals, this oasis is rich with history and beauty.
Our final visit is to a Dead Sea beach where you'll be able to float in water, relax in the mineral rich Dead Sea mud, or simply enjoy the sun at the lowest place on earth, before we head back to Jerusalem in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for 9 Hour Masada Ein Gedi And Dead Sea Tour From Jerusalem
- Full transportation
- Information via our self-guiding App
- Entrance to a Dead Sea Beach
Exclusions for 9 Hour Masada Ein Gedi And Dead Sea Tour From Jerusalem
- Entrance to Ein Gedi and Masada (29 ILS each)
- Cable Car (47 ILS return trip)
- Guide (this is a self guided tour with a driver)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
In case of heavy rain or bad weather, some sites may be closed and an alternative tour route chosen
This is a self guided tour with a knowledgeable driver leading the tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.