OverviewSavor the taste of Shanghais famous xiaolongbao (soup dumplings), street wanton, steam chicken, roast duck and more during this 6-hour waking tour, combined with eating, shopping and sightseeing.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYou will meet your local guide at the meeting point, located on Zhonghua Rd (Shanghai's old town center). It’s the only area of the city center that has not been renovated or re-built since last century. Start early morning from local old town center and try traditional Shanghai-style breakfast just like a local. Stroll down the local wet market to experience Chinese street snack freshly, prepared in front of you. Almost all restaurants in the area are passed from generation by generation. They may not be much famous, but they keep an authentic local style and same taste for over half a century.
You get a chance to try Shanghai's top 4 breakfast options, which is flat bread, deep fried, twisted dough sticks, sticky rice piece and Shanghai-style pancake. After breakfast you will continue tour to Yu Garden as the best time to visit it is early morning. You can enjoy a walk in the ancient garden before it gets crowded with tourists.Then, your tour guide will take you to see either famous fabric market or silk museum depends on you.
The fabric market has many shops, which offer customized tailor-made clothes. You can choose your favorite fabric and style, hand it to a tailor and it will take 1 day and to get your order. The silk museum will show your silk history and craft work. Later, you will be make stop for lunch to try most delicious roast duck in the town. On this tour you will find out the secret of the famous Peking Duck recipe. Also, there is a chicken shop, well-known by every shanghainese for over 7 decades now - Shanghai-style Steamed Chicken. The secret recipe is from original founder. As a smart foodie person, live some space in your stomach for a dessert. At the end of the tout you'll take a walk to Xintiandi area to taste the sweets.
Inclusions for A Bite Of Shanghai Half-Day Small-Group Tour
- Professional guide
- All transportation during the tour
- Fabric market personal shopping guide services
Exclusions for A Bite Of Shanghai Half-Day Small-Group Tour
- Other expenses in the tour (e.g. drinks, snacks, etc.)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Infant meals not included
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Be sure to come hungry on this child-friendly tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.