A Day Hike From Kathmandu To Bagadwaar
OverviewA Day hike from Kathmandu to Bagdwara is one of the best things to do in Kathmandu. This is a refreshing walk and a hike in the healthy lush damp green forest. This hike being great and taking you through Nagi Gompa, Budhanilkantha, Shivapuri and bagdwara is really admiring journey who are in Kathmandu for a day or 2. This forest houses 19 species of wildlife like Himalayan black bear, leopard, barking deer, wild boar, wild cat and monkeys along with 177 species of birds : Bird watchers paradise. This is like the Kingdom of Clouds! Staying there for a sec to turn the beautiful scenery into unforgettable pictures is inspring. Bagdwar, the origin of sacred Bagmati River, where the water comes out of a tiger-shaped spout at altitude of 2732m, our ultimate destination. You will enjoy the view of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal and Jugal himals in the north and Manaslu Himal in the south from the second highest hill around the valley : the Shivapuri hill.
Know More about this tourWe will start our journey for a day hike from Kathmandu at 8 am in the morning from the hotel you are staying at. We will collect you from your hotel and drop you at the same after trip completion. Starting location is Budhanilkantha which is a sacred place among Hindus. You will see stone carved statue of Lord Vishnu lying over similarly crafted Snake (Sesh nagha). Then we proceed through Shivapuri national park on a walking trail very old and being used by Nepalese Army for national park patrolling. A dense forest and lust of nature will make your tiredness go away. Reaching at the top of hill you will see natural beauty of surroundings and Bagdwara, starting point of Holi river Bagmati. Taking left side of hill down will take you to Nagi Gompa, a famous Buddhist monastery in Nepal. Then we will continue our walk up to Sundarijal and drive back to your hotel.
A professional, experienced and government licence holding local tour guide will be guiding this trip. Our guides being local experts and environmentally conscious, travelers will enjoy their description during the walk. We are committed to your safety and satisfaction during the trip.
Inclusions for A Day Hike From Kathmandu To Bagadwaar
- Entrance fees
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Professional, experienced and government licence holding local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for A Day Hike From Kathmandu To Bagadwaar
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Operated by a multi-lingual guide
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.