A Day In Venice - The Most Romantic Art City In The World
OverviewThe tour is an all in one opportunity for anyone who wants to visit the city as t includes most of the major attractions like the San Giacomo, Rialto, Grand Canal, Piazza San Marco, Doge Palace and Bridge of Sighs. Get to see gothic architecture and be mesmerized by the mere beauty and elegance of the city through this guided tour.
- Admire Church of San Giacomo, Rialto, Grand Canal, Piazza San Marco.
- Doge Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- No Hidden Charges Applicable.
Know More about this tour
Be part of the waterways dream that reflect elegant palaces with Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance façades, small and delicate bridges, magnificent portals of the patrician dwellings, bulb-shaped domes and golden mosaics.
Enter the "calli" and discover small and green gardens behind ancient grates and be enwrapped by the magic of lightness and colors of blown glass created by master glassmakers. Discover a unique city in the world, built between the coast and open sea on an archipelago of 120 islands linked by 350 bridges.
Discover the millenary history in which east and west interweave giving life to a refined and charming culture.
It is a city of invaluable artistic patrimony and has been declared "heritage of humanity" by UNESCO. Venice is all this and much more and is waiting to offer you an unforgettable day that begins with meeting up with a local Guide who will reveal its treasures to you. Walking through the characteristic "calli" you will enter the ancient districts "sestieri" in Santa Croce and San Polo where the salt flats of the ancient and powerful Republic of Venice are located, you will then proceed to the Rialto area, the first settlement of the village, with its characteristic fish and vegetable market, the Church of San Giacomo, the oldest of Venice, the famous Rialto bridge, the oldest of the four bridges crossing the spectacular Grand Canal. Crossing this wonderful bridge you will reach the district of San Marco that is the centre of trade and culture of the city.The heart of this district is the splendid and magnificent Piazza San Marco, the "most elegant lounge in Europe", overlooking the most famous monuments of Venice: the splendid Byzantine Basilica with four portals and wonderful golden mosaics, to be viewed inside, the Renaissance Clock Tower and the masterpiece of the Gothic Palazzo Ducale. Behind the Palazzo Ducale, from the Ponte di Paglia you can admire the famous Bridge of Sighs, that used to be crossed by the condemned people before entering prison, hence the name.
After the end of the guided tour, you can find dozens of typical or elegant restaurants in the area around the square where you can taste the excellent Venetian cuisine.
In the afternoon you will have free time to enjoy a romantic tour in one of the famous "gondolas", get to know the city better or dedicate some time to shopping and discovering the valuable crafts of the lagoon islands: the Murano blown glass and the Burano lace.
Before leaving, you can stop at one of the famous historical cafés of Piazza San Marco and enjoy an authentic Venetian style pleasure.
The driver-guide leads the Tour providing general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit inside a city centre, nor to provide historical and artistic information inside museums or churches.
Inclusions for A Day In Venice - The Most Romantic Art City In The World
- Pick up and drop off at the Hotel in the city center.
- Transport in luxury Minivan.
- Qualified English speaking driver-guide.
- Local guide in Venice.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Secret Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
- Morning Venice Walking Tour plus St Mark's Basilica Guided Visit
- Grand Canal Boat Tour and Murano Glass Experience
- Venice Private Departure Transfer by Water Taxi: Central Venice to Cruise Port
- Private Arrival Transfer from Marco Polo Airport to Venice
- Venetian Velvets Tour