A Full Day Tour From Yangon To TwanteWrite a Review
Twante is a small town situated across the Hliang River. This township is untouched by the tourists. It has a rich Burmese culture. It takes around 1 hour to drive to this place from Yangon. Though the drive is long and there will be dust all over the place, the road scenery would make up for it. The countryside is filled with canals and stilt huts made up of bamboos. We will spot some people driving the motorbikes that are banned in the main city of Yangon. We may have to stop often by checkpoints that ask for fees just for passing certain road.
- A visit to famous Baundawgyoke Pagoda which is a home to a monastery where the inhabitants(snakes) all enjoy a vegetarian diet.
- A visit to Shwesandaw Pagoda which is believed to contain a few sacred hairs of Lord Buddha.
- A visit to the Oh Bo pottery sheds where you can make your own pottery, decorate them or buy several types of pots available in different shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Learn about the rubber plantation that is done along the road sides.
Know More about this tour
We will visit the mesmerizing site in Twante that is Shwesandaw Pagoda. It is one of the four big pagodas and bears the name ‘Shwesandaw.’ The legend behind this pagoda says that it was built during the lifetime of the Lord Buddha. After this, we will peak into the local cottage industries and see how the handmade products are made. After this, we will visit the Oh Bo pottery sheds where you can make your own pottery, decorate them or buy several types of pots available in different shapes, sizes, and colors.
After this, we will go to a local restaurant.
On our way back to Yangon, you can stop by the Baundawgyoke Pagoda. It is a group of pagodas and religious shrines. You can also sneak in the temple that is built in the middle of the water. We cannot be sure but the chances are that you might get a chance to see big snakes that roam freely in the temples and the lake. Here you’ll also learn about the rubber plantation that is done along the road sides.
In the evening, we will drive back to the Yangon.
Inclusions for A Full Day Tour From Yangon To Twante
· Full sightseeing in AC coach
· English speaking guide
· Lunch at local restaurant
· Entrance fees that is mentioned in the program
· Ferry charges from Yangon-Dala-Yangon
· Horse Cart or Trishaw ride
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.