A gourmet itinerary to enjoy the beautiful countryside of Itria Valley and, in particular, to taste its culinary and wine excellences: the renowned wines of Locorotondo, some Slow Food presidia (Biscotto di Ceglie and Capocollo di Martina), the tasty cheeses, the healthy extra-virgin olive oil and the other products of the Mediterranean diet.
The itinerary will be personalized depending on your needs. Usually, together with the typical product tasting, there is also the visit of the artisanal workshop to discover the typical produtct making processes.
You can choose among the following activities:
- visit to a masseria with trulli (typical farmhouse)and cheese tasting (ricotta, burrata, mozzarella, caciocavallo, etc. );
- visit to a bakery (or a pastry shop) to taste the Biscotto di Ceglie, a delicious almond biscuit;
- visit to a winery (and its vineyards) and wine tasting in Locorotondo: a wine area renowned for its Locototondo DOC (one of the most interesting apulian white wine made with some native vines: Bianco d'Alessano, Verdeca, Minutolo) but where it's possible to taste excellent wines made with some other native grapes (Primitivo, Susumaniello, etc. )
- visit to an artisanal workshop to taste the excellence of apulian charchutterie, the Capocollo di Martina (similar to a smoked Parma ham);
- extra virgin olive oil tasting, chocolate