A Gourmet Tour In Valle D'Itria - Bari
OverviewA gourmet itinerary to enjoy the beautiful countryside of Itria Valley and, in particular, to taste its culinary and wine excellences: the renowned wines of Locorotondo, some Slow Food presidia (Biscotto di Ceglie and Capocollo di Martina), the tasty cheeses, the healthy extra-virgin olive oil and the other products of the Mediterranean diet.
- Visit the beautiful countryside of Itria Valley.
- Lunch in a trattoria or in Michelin star restaurant.
- At the end of the tour we will visit the Unesco site of Alberobello with its fairy tale atmosphere made up of about 1. 500 trulli (a unique kind of building with stone conical roof without any mortar that have survived quite intact and functioning into the modern world)
Know More about this tour
The itinerary will be personalized depending on your needs. Usually, together with the typical product tasting, there is also the visit of the artisanal workshop to discover the typical produtct making processes.
You can choose among the following activities:
- visit to a masseria with trulli (typical farmhouse)and cheese tasting (ricotta, burrata, mozzarella, caciocavallo, etc. );
- visit to a bakery (or a pastry shop) to taste the Biscotto di Ceglie, a delicious almond biscuit;
- visit to a winery (and its vineyards) and wine tasting in Locorotondo: a wine area renowned for its Locototondo DOC (one of the most interesting apulian white wine made with some native vines: Bianco d'Alessano, Verdeca, Minutolo) but where it's possible to taste excellent wines made with some other native grapes (Primitivo, Susumaniello, etc. )
- visit to an artisanal workshop to taste the excellence of apulian charchutterie, the Capocollo di Martina (similar to a smoked Parma ham);
- extra virgin olive oil tasting, chocolate
Inclusions for A Gourmet Tour In Valle D'Itria
- Guided visit (full day, up to 8 hours) in English language.
Exclusions for A Gourmet Tour In Valle D'Itria
- Cheese tasting: 3 Eur per person.
- Biscotto di Ceglie tasting: it depend on the biscuits you will taste or buy (a few eur, about 3 eur per person).
- Capocollo di Martina tasting: 8 Eur per person.
- Wine tasting (all the wines of the winery, about 10): 10 Eur per person.
- Extra-virgin olive oil tasting: a few eur (from 5 to 8 eur) or sometimes is for free but it's appreciated if you buy some olive oil.
- Lunch: from 20 to 40 Eur depending on the menu and the restaurant.
- Extra hours (if any).
- Transfer (all with air conditioning):
- a) Private car (ford focus 5 doors) up to 3/4 adults + driver/guide : to be quoted depending on the pick up and drop off place.
b) Rented minivan up to 8 pax + driver/guide : to be quoted.
c) Chauffeur driven van for up to 7 people + driver + guide: to be quoted.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.