A Jigsaw Of Landscapes - TbilisiWrite a Review
OverviewBreak free from the tired, old, well-beaten tourist trails to experience a land at the threshold of Europen and Asia, renowned for its unspoiled natural beauty and celebrated for its rich cultural heritage. Occupying the fertile land between the beaches of the Black Sea coast and the jagged peaks of the Greater Caucasian Mountains, Georgia is home to a wide range of flora and fauna, countless ancient historical sites (among them UNESCO world heritage sites), and to a delicious cuisine and wine. This trip combines visits to some of the major nature and cultural highlights of Georgia.
- Visit Metekhi church
- Abanotubani (literally "bath district")
- Narikala fortress
- Visit Uplistikhe, Dadiani palace, Svaneti museum, Rabati, Vardzia, Matskhvarishi church,Messiah church.
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Arrival. Tbilisi city tour.
A representative of Georgian Discovery Tours will pick you up at Tbilisi International Airport and assure your smooth transfer to the hotel. Rest at the hotel. After some rest we will going to meet you at the hotel and take you on a city tour of Tbilisi.
Day 2: Tbilisi - Uplistsikhe - Kutaisi. B/D.
After breakfast, we will drive to Uplistsikhe, a cave town. Next, we will drive towards Kutaisi - the capital of ancient Colchida.
Upon our arrival to Kutaisi we will check in hotel. Dinner.
Day 3: Kutaisi - Zugdidi - Mestia. B/D.
After the early breakfast, we shall drive to Zugdidi. We shall visit the famous Dadiani palace (note: closed on Mondays). Then we will depart towards Mestia main town of the Georgia's most popular truistic destination Svaneti region.
Dinner and overnight at the guesthouse.
Day 4: Mestia - Ushguli - Mestia. B/D.
After the breakfast we will have a bit of the off road experience on our way to the highest, inhabited village of Europe, Ushguli (2200 meters above sea level) short walk around the village and the visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Sight.
Day 5: Mestia - Lenjeri - Latali - Becho - Mestia. B/D.
On the morning we will drive towards the villages - Lenjeri, Latali and Becho.
Day 6: Mestia - Akhaltsikhe - Vardzia. B/D.
After the breakfast we will visit the museum of Svaneti. Then we will depart towards Akhaltsikhe town.
Then we will drive towards Vardzia. Overnight and dinner in guesthouse in Vardzia.
Day 7: Vardzia - Tbilisi - Departure. B.
After breakfast we will visit the Vardzia a grandiose cave town built in the 12th century, is associated with Queen Tamara and Shota Rustaveli, the author of the heroic epic "The Knight in the Panther’s Skin".
Afterwards we will drive towards Tbilisi.
Inclusions for A Jigsaw Of Landscapes
- Accommodation in double rooms:
- 1 nights in Tbilisi
- 1 night in Kutaisi
- 3 nights in Mestia
- 1 night in Vardzia
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary, incl. service charges and taxes:
- 6 breakfats
- 5 dinners
- Entrance fees & local guide in:
- Uplistsikhe, Dadiani Palace,Svaneti museum, Vardzia, Akhaltsikhe Castle.
- All transfers and transportation as listed in the itinerary by comfortable vehicle with air conditioning, incl. fuel.
- Experienced English-speaking driver-guide
- Mineral water during transfers
- Staff expenses
Exclusions for A Jigsaw Of Landscapes
- Certain coffee breaks and or meals (marked as “at your leisure” in the itinerary)
- Any extra services not specified in the itinerary
- Sulfur spa
- High percentage alcoholic beverages, and
- Personal expenses
- Communication charges Gratuities
- Entry visa for Georgia (not required for EU citizens)
- Flight to and from Georgia
- Travel insurance
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 10 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 10 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.