A Queen And A Princess Walking Tour - Honolulu
OverviewTravelers will have fun learning to pronounce a few of the Hawaiian street names such as Kalkaua and the name of Queen Lili'uokalani. You will learn a Hawaiian song and dance the hula. Most of all you will love the legends, culture and history of Waikk by fully participating in the Hawaiian storytelling, singing, and dancing.Queen Lili'uokalani and Princess Ka'iulani held a special place in the hearts of the Hawaiian people. Your guide will take you on a "mele" tour, a singing tour. You will hear songs composed by the Queen while taking a guided walk through the royal estates of both Queen Lili'uokalani and Princess Ka'iulani, which are located in the heart of Waikiki.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Start your tour at 10am with a quick lesson on pronouncing some of our Hawaiian street names and names of Hawaiian royalty. You will also learn a popular hapa haole Hawaiian song and learn to dance a hula.
Before starting your journey on a cultural and historical walk, your guide will create a sense of place with a mele (Hawaiian song) composed by Queen Lili'uokalani. It is a tradition to welcome our guests.
Walk outside and learn about the two most beloved royalty of Hawai'i: Queen Lili'uokalani and Princess Ka'iulani. Your cultural guide will describe where they kept their homes in Waikk and discover through song and story why they loved their homes. Along the waking path, you will hear the stories behind the Hawaiian names of the streets and experience a hula (dance) special to that place. You will even hear the legend of the pueo (owl) associated with the nearby park.
This cultural and historical walk is about half a mile.
Inclusions for A Queen And A Princess Walking Tour
- Local taxes
- Professional cultural guide
Exclusions for A Queen And A Princess Walking Tour
- Drinks, bring personal bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult, minimum age 8 years old
Dress code is smart casual, comfortable walking shoes, hat and sun screen
Not recommended for participants with back problems due to uneven surfaces
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A small to moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking, must have personal wheelchair assistance
Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 60 Minute Helicopter Tour - Doors on or off
- Oahu Private Custom Island Tour with Helicopter Flight - Full day Land and 30 Min Air Tour
- Waterfall Hike and East Oahu Explorer Combo
- Oahu's BEST private guided tours
- Discover Scuba Diving, scuba diving for beginners, no experience necessary
- Premium Two Tank Double Wreck Dive
- Sunday 3 Tank Dive with Lunch
- World War 2 South Pacific