A Tale Beneath A Marble Sky: Day Trip To Agra And The Taj Mahal From DelhiWrite a Review
On this private day trip to Agra from Delhi, explore the most magical and magnificent monument, the Taj Mahal, that stands as ultimate monument to love. This tour is a great opportunity to understand the aura of the monument, and the artists who are descendants of the Mughals, by visiting with your own private local guide. The tour also visits some other historical sites in Agra such as Agra Fort and Itmad-ud-Daulah's Tomb, and will enable you to discover the ancient glory and romance of the Mughal rulers.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourIn the morning at 8am. you will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Agra by private car from Delhi. It takes around 3 hours to reach Agra via the Yamuna Express Way. This toll way was opened in the year 2012 and has made it easy for tourist vehicles to quickly get between the cities.
After arrival in Agra, you will be met by your local guide and then will head out for your day of Agra sightseeing. First, visit the Taj Mahal, Agra's most significant monument and a UNESCO World Heritage site. This beautiful building was built from the year 1632 AD to 1653 AD. Mughal and Persian architecture was used in its construction and reflects the love of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal. This building was built by Shah Jahan for his beloved wife Mumtaz and now attracts millions of tourists and visitors in a year. Dont forget to take quality pictures at the Taj Mahal before heading on.
After the Taj Mahal visit, move towards the Agra Fort, another UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Agra Fort was constructed by the third Mughal emperor Akbar on the remains of an ancient site known as Badalgarh. The fort was reconstructed by Akbar with some 4000 builders who worked daily and completed the task in 8 years from 1565 AD to 1573 AD. Spend an hour here with your guide.
After that, spend an hour visiting I'timad-Ud-Daulah's Tomb. This monument is well known as the Baby Taj, and the interior decoration is considered by many to have been the inspiration for the Taj Mahal.
You are then free to have lunch at a restaurant of your choosing (own expense). After lunch, you will head towards some shops where you will see the marble inlay work of Agra on white marble with various semi-precious stones. These pieces were created by the descendants of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal, and this inlay work is only done in Agra.
After the end of the tour, your driver will drive you back to Delhi and drop you off at your hotel at 7pm.
Inclusions for A Tale Beneath A Marble Sky: Day Trip To Agra And The Taj Mahal From Delhi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located Delhi hotels only)
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle; vehicle size depends on the size of the booking group
- Private guide
- All fuel, parking, state tax, and toll charges
- Government service tax
Exclusions for A Tale Beneath A Marble Sky: Day Trip To Agra And The Taj Mahal From Delhi
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Still or video camera fees
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays
A maximum of 2 persons per booking
Adult pricing applies for all ages
Children must be accompanied by adults
A small amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Passport name, number, expiration date and country is required at time of booking for all participants
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
You might also like
- Private Tour: Day Trip To Agra From Delhi Including Taj Mahal And Agra Fort
- Private Walking Tour: South Delhi Heritage Including Qutub Minar And Mehrauli Archaeological Park
- Red Fort Sound And Light Show In Delhi With Dinner And Private Transfer
- Private Walking Tour: Old Delhi Including Ancient Havelis And Chandni Chowk
- 3-Day Delhi To Pilgrim Varanasi Tour From New Delhi
- 5-Day Golden Triangle Tour With Luxury In Budget
- India Golden Triangle Tours 6 Day With Private Budget
- Golden Triangle With Mumbai And Goa - 9 Day
- Delhi 5-Hour Hands-on Cooking Class With Meal
- City Tour Of Delhi