OverviewSee Istanbul in the most delicious way: through your taste buds. Traverse the stunning, hilly city on this 5-hour guided tour, eating your way through street food stalls and bazaars. Take a stroll through historic and colorful Kadikoy Market, converse with fishermen on the Galata Bridge, eat some of the best baklava this side of the Bosphorus and then walk it all off by strolling the streets as your guide shares evocative historical details on this eye- and taste-bud-pleasing metropolis.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the Founders Hall Visitor Information Center and proceed to the public ferry for a ride across the Bosphorus to the Asian side of Istanbul. First stop: the colorful and chaotic Kadikoy Market. Crammed with all manner of delicious edibles, from olives to bread to stuffed grape leaves, the market is bursting with fishmongers, fruit sellers, butchers and gourmet food shops. Snack on lamb-topped Turkish pizza, sugar-coated sweets or kebabs.
From there, stroll across the low-lying Galata Bridge where, for generations, fishermen have been pulling in the daily catch. Stalls selling everything from jewelry to simits (Turkish bagels) line the bridge. On the other side, in the Beyoglu district, you’ll encounter Karakoy Gulluoglu, a shop that makes the best baklava in Istanbul. Eat this sweet delight, a Turkish pastry made of several layers of phyllo dough filled with chopped nuts and sweetened with honey.
Walk off your dessert by trekking up the hill to Galatasaray, a neighborhood that is home to Galatasaray S.K., one of Turkey’s most famous soccer teams. Jump on the tram on Istiklal Caddesi, the city’s grand bustling boulevard lined with shops and restaurants. Hop off and explore the street as your guide explains the area’s history and points out landmarks and famous buildings.
Afiyet olsun! That’s Turkish for ‘bon appetit.’ After this tour, you might have that phrase memorized.
Inclusions for A Taste Of Istanbul: Street Food Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Private tour
Exclusions for A Taste Of Istanbul: Street Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.