From USD 160.08
OverviewTake an Aboriginal tour through Melbourne, known as the Kulin Nation to its traditional owners. Journey into their ancestral lands during an Aboriginal Heritage Walk at the Royal Botanic Gardens, where youll experience a traditional smoking ceremony with an indigenous guide and enjoy a cup of herbal tea. After lunch at Charcoal Lane, tour the Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre at the Melbourne Museum and visit Federation Squares Koorie Heritage Trust. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring an intimate experience.
Know More about this tourA driver picks you up in air-conditioned minivan at your hotel for a ride over to the Royal Botanic Gardens. During the visit, you'll take a 1.5-hour Aboriginal Heritage Walk led by an indigenous guide who explains the history of the gardens and their traditional owners. Experience an Aboriginal smoking ceremony, and discover how plants are used for food, tools and medicine.
After a refreshing cup of lemon myrtle tea at the gardens, you'll have a light lunch at the nearby Charcoal Lane. The restaurant works in collaboration with Mission Australia to provide work opportunities for vulnerable young people, many of whom are Aboriginal. The seasonal menu draws on native Australian foods to create modern cuisine.
Hop back in the minivan and head to Melbourne Museum for a tour of the Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre. See the First Peoples exhibition, which presents Aboriginal creation stories of Victoria using cutting-edge multimedia, artifacts and contemporary artworks. Learn about the history, achievements and cultural resilience of around 2,000 generations of Aboriginal life in Victoria.
Your final stop is Federation Square, a mixed-use public space in Melbourne’s inner city. On a visit to the Koorie Heritage Trust, relocated to the Yarra Building in June 2015, reflect on Koorie culture with a look at the social history exhibition on the first floor. Your 6-hour tour will end in Federation Square (no hotel drop-off).
Inclusions for Aboriginal Melbourne Tour: Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne Museum And Koorie Heritage Trust
- Local guide
- Herbal tea
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Aboriginal Melbourne Tour: Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne Museum And Koorie Heritage Trust
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.