This route is perfect for trekking and biking. This rarely visited area gives travelers an insight into the real lives of the Andean communities. From the Abra of Lares (4470 mt), we descend to the depths of the sacred valley, enjoying the amazing landscapes, flora and fauna. Youll have the chance to see thatched stone houses surrounded by herds of alpacas and llamas.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThis exciting tour begins when we pick travelers up at around 6.00am. Then we´ll travel for 1 hr by bus until reaching the quiet town of Calca. After a break, the journey continues to the highest point, the Abra of Lares (4470 mt) and around 10.30am we will start the departure with our mountain bikes accompanied by a professional guide.
These isolated highlands, covered only with straw (andean grass), and the snow capped mountains give you such a special feeling. The scenery turns into a canyon, along the way, travelers will see alpacas, vicuñas y llamas, small villages, farms and livestock. We will also visit some “chulpas” (pre-inca ruins), which are an evidence of the importance of this place. In this area we will enjoy a typical lunch.
After a short break we will continue our biking tour until arriving at the hot water springs called “Machacancha”. Later we will continue for 1hr back to the village of Calca, where our private transportation will take us back to Cusco, arriving around 7:30pm.
Inclusions for Abra Of Lares Biking Tour From Cusco
- Briefing the evening before the trip in our office, explaining all tour details
- A professional guide
- Professional bicycle with suspension SCOTT
- Helmet, gloves and knee pads
- Professional guide specialist in down hill biking
- First aid kit
- Typical lunch
- Bus service round trip
Exclusions for Abra Of Lares Biking Tour From Cusco
- Mineral Water
- Extra money
- Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
We recommend to bring: Ssmall backpack, suncream, sunglasses, cap or hat, camera, sport clothing, rain coat
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.