Abu Simbel Day Trip From Aswan
OverviewA stay in Aswan without visiting Abu Simbel is meaningless especially if you have the chance and time to do it.Drive early in the morning and visit this must-see sites
Know More about this tour
Abu Simbel temples refer to two massive rock temples (the Great Temple of Ramses II and the smaller Temple of Hathor) in Abu Simbel in Nubia, southern Egypt on the western bank of Lake Nasser about 230 km southwest of Aswan. The complex is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site known as the Nubian Monuments, which run from Abu Simbel downriver to Philae (near Aswan). The twin temples were originally carved out of the mountainside during the reign of Pharaoh Ramesses II in the 13th century BC, as a lasting monument to himself and his queen Nefertari, to commemorate his alleged victory at the Battle of Kadesh, and to intimidate his Nubian neighbors. However, the complex was relocated in its entirety in 1968, on an artificial hill made from a domed structure, high above the Aswan High Dam reservoir. The relocation of the temples was necessary to avoid their being submerged during the creation of Lake Nasser, the massive artificial water reservoir formed after the building of the Aswan High Dam on the Nile River. Abu Simbel remains one of Egypts top tourist attractions.
With a qualified Egyptologist as your guide, you will enjoy a personalized visit to the temples of Abu Simbel. With its four rock-hewn pharaohs, your guide will explain the history behind this magnificent site, including how the temples were discovered by accident in 1813. Due to the large number of visitors to Abu Simbel, guides are not permitted inside either of the two temples you will visit. After the conclusion of your tour, you will return to your hotel for drop-off.
Inclusions for Abu Simbel Day Trip From Aswan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Abu Simbel Day Trip From Aswan
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Exploring the Nile in Style Deluxe Nile Cruise Ex Aswan to Luxor
- 5 Stars Nile Cruise - Luxor to Aswan - 4 Days
- Luxury Nile Cruise - Luxor and Aswan From Cairo 4 Days
- Budget 3 Nights Nile Cruise From Aswan to Luxor
- Private Tour from Aswan to Nubian Villiage by Motorboat
- Excursion to St Simeon's Monastery
- FELUCCA RIDE IN ASWAN
- SOUND & LIGHT SHOW AT PHILAE TEMPLE