Accademia Gallery Tour - Florence
OverviewExperience a true once-in-a-lifetime museum tour of one of the greatest artists ever known, Michelangelo Buonarroti. As well as the statue of David, you'll see many other world-famous works.
- Skip the line
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourIf you consider Michelangelo Buonarroti one of the greatest artists of all time, then you can't miss the Accademia Gallery of art. Get the most out of this amazing museum with an expert 1-hour long guided tour.
The Accademia Gallery is a one of a kind gallery in Italy and reveals the genius of the great Florentine artist Buonarroti through his numerous sculptures, the most renowned being the statue of David.
You will enter the gallery, once a school of art, with a professional licensed guide and listen to the guide's commentary via your personal audio set in order to hear perfectly and in comfort.
You will learn, not only about the history of Michelangelo's famous statue, but also hear of some of his other works present in the gallery, such as the unfinished statue group, The Prisoners -- statues which were destined for the tomb of Giulio II but never completed.
You will also visit the hall of plaster casts as the guide explains the process for creating masterworks in marble. Here you will recognize casts of many famous works!
Your guide will also show you the so called, "Cassone Adimari", a large wooden panel with a scene of typical life in the Renaissance depicted.
These and other treasures will be revealed to you through the expert narration of your professional guide.
Inclusions for Accademia Gallery Tour
- Admission ticket
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Accademia Gallery Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child and youth rates apply only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Dress code is smart casual
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Tour length in the event of double language will be 1.5 hours
Participants are requested to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour
Reduction for children (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Florence Walking Tour
- Private tour Dan Brown Inferno Tour of Florence
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence
- Self-Drive Vintage Vespa Tour with Villa and Winery Tour
- Cooking Class in Traditional Tuscan Farm
- Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti Wine Tasting Tour from Florence