First stop is Achilleion Palace built by the Empress Elisabeth “Sissy” of Austria in 1891, and later owned by Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany. You will visit the museum, as well as its beautiful gardens with spectacular views. The palace was designed with the mythical hero Achilles as its central theme. We continue north to beautiful Paleokastritsa described as the jewel of Corfu, this Arcadian, red-roofed town never fails to enchant. Paleokastritsa is one of the most famous locations on the island.You will visit the Byzantine Monastery of the Virgin, monastery’s gardens where you have spectacular views over the beautiful green and blue bays of the area with their crystal-clear turquoise waters. Then to Bella vista one of the most famous photo places in Corfu. Small stop in Makrades to the local souvenir shop for local spices extra virgin olive oil hand made soup and many more. On the way to troumbeta crossroad one last look at the beauty of Corfu north and south both.
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Family friendly
- Skip the line
Know More about this tourAchilleion Palace
The Achilleion palace is located upon a hill on the traditional Corfu village Gastouri. A strange sense of awe overwhelms anyone that gazes over the imposing form of the Palace which dominates the area with its presence, residing between the cypress trees and other exotic plants and flowers which surround it.
The palace was built for the Empress Elisabeth to escape the tragedies of her life and William II purchased it after her untimely death.
Entering the palace you will be amazed by the beautiful gardens that surrounds the palace and the invaluable peace of arts like the ancient Greek statues of Zeus and Era and other smaller statues and sculptures. The roof, the surrounded walls, even the Catholic chapter of Elisabeth inside the palace are referred as precious peace of Arts. Even the outer area of the palace is decorated with columns, the ‘Peristyle of the Muses’, but the most valuable statue of Achilleion is the ‘Dying Achilles’ that represents Achilles dying trying to remove the spear from his ankle. It is the largest statue of Achilles, with unbelievable dimensions, which presents Achilles in a moment of victory. Next stop Kanoni.
From Kanoni you can admire the famous view of Mouse Island (‘Pontikonisi’). According to the legend Mouse Island was formed when the ship that had taken Odysseus back to Ithaca, his home port, was turned to stone by Poseidon, god of the sea, angry at being defied by the Phaeceans. Under the Hill of Kanoni is the Convent of Vlachernas.
Paleokastritsa main beach
The main beach is quite small and very popular. It is surrounded by bars and hotels and there is a road behind the beach. But the views of the cove are great. You can get a boat here which takes you around the many caves in the area. You will enjoy sunbathing and swimming in the crystal clear very cool water.
The Monastery of Virgin Mary of Paleokastritsa is located in the Greek island of Corfu. This majestic monastery is home to 8 Greek Orthodox Monks who receive guidance from Bishop Efthimios Thouis. They conduct traditional masses, provide generous hospitality, and offer regular tours of the grounds and museum located within. Regardless of faith, a visiting tourist will find magical qualities throughout the grounds and breathtaking scenery revealed at every turn. All who share in the experience of the monastery seem to depart in hesitance and with hope for timely return.Bella vista point ( via troumpeta pass & Makrades )
We drive along the scenic west coast to the hilltop village of Lakones and the lookout point known as Bella Vista. One of the most famous spot for photos in Europe ! Stop for photos
Inclusions for Achillion Paleokastritsa Corfu Private Tour
- Private tour
- Hotel/port pickup
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
Exclusions for Achillion Paleokastritsa Corfu Private Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- The Governor's Olive Mill
- Private Tour Glyfada Beach In Corfu
- Paxos And Antipaxos Cruise From Corfu
- Shore Excursion: Leisurely Small-Group Tour Of Corfu
- Private Arrival Transfer: Corfu Airport To Hotel
- Private Tour: Paleokastritsa And Corfu Town
- Hidden Secrets Corfu Walking Tour
- Private Corfu Transfer: Corfu Hotel To Corfu Cruise Port
- Private Corfu Transfer: Corfu Cruise Port To Corfu Hotel
- Achillion Corfu Town Private Tour