Acropolis And Athens City Tour
OverviewExplore the most significant modern and ancient sights with our knowledgeable guides. Visit the Temple of Zeus, watch the Changing of the Guards and visit the Acropolis (including the Parthenon, the Nike Temple and more).
- Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, Dionysus Theater and Sanctuary
- Changing of the Guards, Greek Parliament, National Gardens
- Small group tour
- Skip-the-line service
- Only licensed guides
- Cover all main attractions
- Feel the pulse of the city
Know More about this tour
See the Heart of Athens
This comprehensive city tour takes you to the modern sights in the heart of Athens and the most important ancient sights that have been standing in the city for millennia. The tour concludes at the Acropolis which is one of the most visited and culturally revered ancient sights in the world. It continues to stand higher than the metropolis built around it, offering panoramic views of the entire capital.
Modern and Ancient Highlights
Start at the Syntagma metro station for a 10-minute tour inside of the station’s museum. Archaeological artifacts uncovered during the metro’s construction offer insight into daily life here thousands of years ago. The next stop is the Greek Parliament, followed by the Monument to the Unknown Soldier where you will watch the Changing of the Guards.
The walk continues to the National Gardens of Athens, Zappeion, Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. The route passes by the Plaka district to reach the next and final stop: the Acropolis.
Entrance tickets are not included in the tour fee and the ticket costs will be owed to the tour guide before the tour begins. We save you time by buying entrance tickets in advance so you can skip the lines. This service is provided at no extra cost. Note that children under 18 years old have free admission to the Acropolis and all the archaeological sights.
Entering on the south slope of the Acropolis, you’ll visit the Dionysus Sanctuary and Dionysus Theater before you walk up the slope leading to the Acropolis monuments. Panoramic views of the city will be perfect for Instagram-ready photos.
During your tour, you’ll gain insight into the significance of its historic monuments including the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple and other significant sights including the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Agora, the National Observatory of Athens and the city’s scenic hills: Filoppapos, Mars, and Pnyx.
The tour ends at the Acropolis.
Inclusions for Acropolis And Athens City Tour
- Local licensed guide
- Skip-the-line service
- Athens Guide magazine
- Athens map
Exclusions for Acropolis And Athens City Tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.