OverviewThe perfect combination tour including an Athens City tour, a visit to the Acropolis & all its famous monuments, as well as to the fascinating Ancient Agora & its Museum!
- Skip the line
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourThe tour begins inside the Syntagma metro station where you will visit the metro Museum (in 10 minutes) with very interesting archaeological artifacts from the daily life of Ancient Athens that came to light during the construction of the metro.
You will then continue on to the House of the Greek Parliament, the Monument to the Unknown Soldier and watch the changing of the guards. Your tour continues towards the National Gardens and on to the beautiful neoclassical Zappeion Hall, in front of which tower the surviving columns of the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch, both of which you will have the opportunity to visit.
You will enter the Acropolis from the south slope so as to avoid the crowds and also to visit the Dionysus sanctuary and Dionysus Theatre. Your guide will give you a detailed explanation of the glorious monuments of the Acropolis such as, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple, the Agrippa Monument and the surrounding monuments such as the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Observatory as well as the Philopappos, Mars Hill, and Pnyx Hill.
Time for exploring and picture taking at the Acropolis will be provided after your Acropolis tour. For the guided tour of the Agora you will meet your tour guide at about 13:45 in front of the Acropolis canteen, which is located exactly opposite the main exit. Before the Agora tour starts, you can grab a snack or a drink from the canteen as the tour schedule does not include time for a leisure lunch.
You will then walk down to the Ancient Agora which was the commercial, political, and financial center of Ancient Athens. The walk through the monuments will offer you the sense of traveling back in time. You will visit the Hephaestus Temple - the best preserved Greek Temple from the 5th century BC, and you will see the wonderful church of the 12 Apostles, the Temple of Apollo Patroos, the Stoa of Zeus, the Altar of Zeus, and with your knowledgeable and professional guide the ancient stones will come alive.
The Ancient Agora is the place where Socrates, Plato and many world renowned philosophers walked and taught. Your licensed guide will then take you to the Attalos Museum which is worthwhile visiting as it houses artifacts of great historical value such as the ID’s of the ancient Greeks, and the original measures and weights for the Market inspectors.
The tour ends at the Ancient Agora at about 15:00.
Inclusions for Acropolis And City Tour And The Ancient Agora And The Attalos Museum
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Acropolis And City Tour And The Ancient Agora And The Attalos Museum
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Athens Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Private Tour: Gourmet Food Walking Tour In Athens
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour
- Hidden Athens Walking Tour And Picnic: Plaka And The Hills Of Athens
- Acropolis Of Athens Segway Tour
- Corinth Half-Day Trip From Athens
- Sunset At The Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
- Athens Walking Tour
- Mythology Games And National Garden Tour
- Olympic Crazy Cart Driving And Mythology Games