Acropolis And City Tour And The Ancient Agora And The Attalos Museum - Athens
- Skip the line
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourThe tour begins inside the Syntagma metro station where you will visit the metro Museum (in 10 minutes) with very interesting archaeological artifacts from the daily life of Ancient Athens that came to light during the construction of the metro.
You will then continue on to the House of the Greek Parliament, the Monument to the Unknown Soldier and watch the changing of the guards. Your tour continues towards the National Gardens and on to the beautiful neoclassical Zappeion Hall, in front of which tower the surviving columns of the Temple of Zeus and Hadrians Arch, both of which you will have the opportunity to visit.
You will enter the Acropolis from the south slope so as to avoid the crowds and also to visit theDionysus sanctuary and Dionysus Theatre. Your guide will give you a detailed explanation of the glorious monuments of the Acropolis such as, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, thePropylaia, the Nike Temple, the Agrippa Monument and the surrounding monuments such as theOdeon of Herodes Atticus, the Observatory as well as the Philopappos, Mars Hill, and Pnyx Hill.
Time for exploring and picture taking at the Acropolis will be provided after your Acropolis tour. For the guided tour of the Agora you will meet your tour guide at about 13:45 in front of the Acropolis canteen, which is located exactly opposite the main exit. Before the Agora tour starts, you can grab a snack or a drink from the canteen as the tour schedule does not include time for a leisure lunch.
You will then walk down to the Ancient Agora which was the commercial, political, and financial center of Ancient Athens. The walk through the monuments will offer you the sense of traveling back in time. You will visit the Hephaestus Temple - the best preserved Greek Temple from the 5th century BC, and you will see the wonderful church of the 12 Apostles, the Temple of Apollo Patroos, the Stoa of Zeus, the Altar of Zeus, and with your knowledgeable and professional guide the ancient stones will come alive.
The Ancient Agora is the place where Socrates, Plato and many world renowned philosophers walked and taught. Your licensed guide will then take you to the Attalos Museum which is worthwhile visiting as it houses artifacts of great historical value such as the IDs of the ancient Greeks, and the original measures and weights for the Market inspectors.
The tour ends at the Ancient Agora at about 15:00.
Inclusions for Acropolis And City Tour And The Ancient Agora And The Attalos Museum
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Acropolis And City Tour And The Ancient Agora And The Attalos Museum
- Entrance fees (30 per adult)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athenian Metro, connect the dots, Discover the City Under the City
- Athens Sunrise Cruise
- Athens Airport Shuttle Service to or from Athens Center
- Self Guided Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City
- Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City
- The Acropolis Museum and the Parthenon through the years self-guided mobile tour
- Private Best of Athens Full-Day Tour with Transportation
- Guided Sightseeing Shore Excursion Tour of Athens