Acropolis, City Tour And Acropolis Museum With Transfer - Athens
OverviewAthens is a city of ancient and modern layers, a place of fascinating ancient ruins that stand alongside a bustling metropolis. With your local guides, you’ll explore the key landmarks, historic sights, unique neighborhoods and take in astounding views of the city that sprawls out to the coast. Learn about Greek history by visiting the two most important sites in Athens, The Acropolis and Acropolis Museum, and feel the heartbeat of the modern city on this easy-paced guided walking tour of Athens. Round trip transfer from the port of Piraeus is included.
- The Essential Athens Tour
- Combination Guided Tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum
- The astonishing Acropolis Museum
Know More about this tour
A City Tour: Ancient to Modern
Athens is a city of ancient and modern layers, a place of fascinating ancient ruins that stand alongside a bustling metropolis. With your local guides, you’ll explore the key landmarks, historic sights, unique neighborhoods and take in astounding views of the city that sprawls out to the coast.
A highlight of the tour is the Acropolis, the eternal landmark of Athens and a destination of incredible architectural, historical and cultural significance. Set on a high rocky outcrop at the core of the Greek capital, monuments such as the Parthenon tell a story of a great era that shaped the Western world as we know it.
Modern and Ancient Highlights
Start at the Syntagma metro station for a 10-minute tour inside of the station’s museum. Archaeological artifacts uncovered during the metro’s construction offer insight into daily life here thousands of years ago. The next stop is the Greek Parliament, followed by the Monument to the Unknown Soldier where you will watch the Changing of the Guards.
The walk continues to the National Gardens of Athens, Zappeion, Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. The route passes through the charming and historic Plaka district to the next stop: the Acropolis.
The Entrance tickets are not included in the tour fee and the ticket costs will be owed to the tour guide before the tour begins. We save you time by buying entrance tickets in advance so you can skip the lines. This service is provided at no extra cost.
Note that children under 18 years old have free admission to the Acropolis and all the archaeological sites.
Entering on the south slope of the Acropolis, you’ll visit the Dionysus Sanctuary and Dionysus Theater before you walk up the slope leading to the Acropolis monuments. Panoramic views of the city will be perfect for Instagram-ready photos.
During your tour, you’ll gain insight into the significance of its historic monuments including the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple and other significant sights including the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Agora, the National Observatory of Athens and the city’s scenic hills: Filoppapos, Mars, Pnyx, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus and the Ancient Agora.
Top Museum of the World: Acropolis Museum
Designed by renowned Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi and notable Greek architect Michalis Photiadis, the Acropolis Museum captivates guests on approach. Its seamless modern lines elegantly incorporate artifacts exclusively from the Acropolis, and excavations are also visible under glass floors and walkways. The marbled surviving treasures are impressively displayed with the use of natural light, situated on a modernist open layout. Panoramic views top the experience.
The tour ends at the Acropolis Museum at approximately 15:00 (3:00 pm).
Inclusions for Acropolis, City Tour And Acropolis Museum With Transfer
- Round trip transfer from the Port of Piraeus and back
- Acropolis guided tour
- Free time in Plaka
- Licensed tour guide
- Athens Guide magazine
- Athens map
Exclusions for Acropolis, City Tour And Acropolis Museum With Transfer
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- Entrance tickets
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Peloponnese Highlights Full Day Private Tour: Ancient Corinth Mycenae Epidaurus Nafplion from Athens
- 5-Day Northern Greece Tour: Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki, Pella, Thermophylae
- Self Guided Delphi Day Trip from Athens
- Private Tour: Ancient and Contemporary Athens Walking Tour
- Athens Full Day Tour with Lunch
- Acropolis of Athens and New Acropolis Museum Tour