Get to visit the famous Acropolis and Parthenonos which are basically the two most famous landmarks and attractions in the destination. The guided tour will take you to the places without the hassle of standing in lines and will also tell you all you need to know about the place.
- Admire the city’s most significant landmarks
- Visit 2 of the most important archeological sites of Athens
- Enjoy a guided tour with an experienced licensed guide
- Discover all about the history of this ancient city
- Take in stunning panoramic views
Know More about this tour
Four hour private Acropolis and Acropolis museum tour. A perfect choice for avid history buffs, this half-day guided walking tour of Athens will soon get you acquainted with the ancient heart of the city and its most iconic archaeological landmarks. In the company of your state licensed Insider Guide you will retrace historical footsteps, lose yourself in the richness of age-old Greek civilization and explore the city’s impressive archeological heritage.
Step back in time and reflect on the splendor, power and wealth of this capital city, and admire from up close the unique architectural and artistic masterpieces of timeless Greece.
You will meet and greet with your specialized state licensed Insider guide and embark on a historic journey of many millennia, beginning with a leisurely stroll through the very center of the old city before reaching the Acropolis.
From there your guided walking tour will start, dedicated to the exploration of Athens’ most impressive site. After ascending to the top of the sacred rock of the Acropolis you will be confronted by the world’s most important structure in history – the Parthenon. This magnificent monument, dedicated to goddess Athena (the patron of the city), will reveal the magnitude of the rich heritage of Athens and the cultural achievements of the Greek civilization of the Golden Age. Enjoy the subtlety of its design and its glorious surrounding monuments before taking in the impressive panorama of the old metropolis and the Argo-Saronic gulf below.
After you’ve ticked off the Parthenon from your must-see list, you will extend your perspective of ancient Athens by visiting the New Acropolis Museum, which has become a renowned attraction worldwide with every floor bursting with exquisite artifacts, sculptures and antiquities. If you feel you need a break, head the museum café, which boosts excellent coffee, and admire the unique view of the crowning beauty of Athens and the Parthenon.
Return to your hotel Or continue your exploration of the city. Feel free to ask your guide for recommendations in order to perfect your day in Athens.
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
- Children up to 12 years of age participate for free.
Inclusions for Acropolis Guided Tour
- 2-hour private guided tour to the Acropolis
- 2-hour private guided tour to the Acropolis Museum
- English speaking state-licensed Insider guide
- All taxes
Exclusions for Acropolis Guided Tour
- Entrance fees to Archaeological sites
- Personal expenses
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 24 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 4 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 4 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 15%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.