Acropolis Museum By Night - Private Tour - Athens
OverviewIn this private 3-hour guided night tour you will visit one of the top museums in the world, the Acropolis Museum, while admiring the spectacular vision of downtown Athens and the Acropolis at night. You will be guided through millennia of Greek history and, at the same time, have the opportunity to enjoy a cup of coffee at the Acropolis Museum Café under the well-lit Parthenon. During this extraordinary experience, you will learn about many important ancient artifacts, like the Caryatides and the Metopes of the Parthenon, all dominated by the sight of one of the most recognizable buildings in the history of mankind, the Temple dedicated to the goddess Athena, on the Acropolis Hill.
Know More about this tour
After meeting with a member of the Be a Greek team outside the Acropolis Metro Station (Makrigianni str.) you will have the opportunity to visit one of the top Museums in the world at its most beautiful moment, at night. Home to numerous famous and important archaeological artifacts, the Museum is a must-see for all Travelers visiting Greece. You will experience in full the incredible blend of history, traditions, folklore and religion that made Ancient Athens probably the most important center of the ancient world.
The Acropolis Museum was built to house every artifact discovered on the Acropolis rock and on the surrounding slopes, from the Greek Bronze Age to Roman and Byzantine Greece. With a collection of nearly 4,000 objects, exhibited over an area of 14,000 square meters, the Museum is constantly considered to be, from the first day of its opening to the public on the 20th of June 2009, one of the top museums in the world. It is located by the south-eastern slope of the Acropolis hill, on the ancient road that led up to the "sacred rock" in classical times. Set only 280 meters (310 yds.) away from the Parthenon and a mere 400 meters (440 yds.) walking distance from it, the Museum is the largest modern building erected so close to the ancient site. The entrance to the building is on Dionysiou Areopagitou Street and directly adjacent to the Akropolis Metro Station of Line 2 (red line).
Accompanied by our State Licensed Tour Guide, while you will find yourself enjoying the Athenian night, you will admire some of the most interesting artifacts discovered on the Acropolis and all the surrounding sites, like the Metopes of the Parthenon and, of course, the world-famous Caryatids, the exceptional Maidens of the Erechtheion (a complex marble building in the Ionic order), which was considered the most sacred part of the Acropolis. Furthermore, you will enjoy a brief refreshment break with the extraordinary view of the Acropolis in the late evening, offered by Be a Greek.
Inclusions for Acropolis Museum By Night - Private Tour
- A coffee or other traditional refreshment per person
- State licensed Guide member of the Be a Greek Team
- Entrance fees to the Acropolis Museum
- All taxes and fees
Exclusions for Acropolis Museum By Night - Private Tour
- Foods and drinks
- Personal Expenses (i.e. souvenirs etc.)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Skip the Line - all tickets will be purchased in advance and provided to you the day of the Tour
Admire the Acropolis Museum at night
Thousands of artifacts from the Parthenon and the Acropolis slopes
A special reference to the Caryatids and the Acropolis metopes
Enjoy a coffee break in front of the night Parthenon
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athens Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Athens Shore Excursion: Private Acropolis Walking Tour
- Private Walking Tour: National Archaeological Museum
- Athens Small-Group 2.5 Hour Electric Bicycle Tour
- 1-Hour Aroma Oil Massage plus 20-Minute Free Fish Pedi
- 90-Minute Aroma Oil Massage plus 20' min Free Fish Pedi
- Athens Couples Escape Spa Treatment with Fish Pedicure
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour