Acropolis Of Athens And New Acropolis Museum Tour
OverviewDelve into the fascinating world of Ancient Greece on a 3-hour walking tour of the Acropolis of Athens and the New Acropolis Museum. With an expert guide, discover the UNESCO-listed archaeological site and visit world-famous monuments including the Parthenon, Propylaea gateway and the Temple of Athena Nike. Absorb jaw-dropping views of Athens from the acropolis’ summit, and learn about the evocative ruins. Then, enjoy a guided tour of the New Acropolis Museum, where glass floors reveal excavation sites. Entrance fees not included.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the prearranged location, then enjoy a leisurely stroll to the foothills of the UNESCO World Heritagelisted Acropolis of Athens, an ancient citadel and one of the worlds most revealing archaeological sites.
Head for the south slope of the acropolis to avoid the main crowds, then pay your entrance fee and make your way inside to see the bounty of ancient treasures that await. Along the way, visit the Theatre of Dionysus, a 5th-century amphitheater that is often cited as the birthplace of the performing arts. Hear about its history from your guide and imagine it filled with Ancient Greek theatergoers. Youll also stop at Dionysus Sanctuary, a site dedicated to the Greek god of wine and fertility who was also the patron god of the Greek stage.
Inside the acropolis, get up close to important sights such as Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Parthenon, a former temple dedicated to the goddess Athena. Pause for photos by these fascinating ruins and learn all about their history and historical importance from your guide.
When you reach the summit of the sacred hill, be awed by the sweeping panoramas of Athens below. Learn about the excavation details and gain further insight into the citadels ruins. Youll also hear about surrounding monuments such as Mars Hill, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus and the ancient agora, once the heart of ancient Athens.
Continue on to the New Acropolis Museum, which has been ranked one of the top five museums in the world. Follow your guide on a tour of its highlights, which include impressive collections of statues and relics, as well as the Gallery of the Slopes of the Acropolis, where glass floors reveal archaeological excavation sites.
After approximately 1.5 hours, your tour concludes inside the museum, leaving you free to explore its exhibits further, should you wish.
Inclusions for Acropolis Of Athens And New Acropolis Museum Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Acropolis Of Athens And New Acropolis Museum Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to the Acropolis of Athens and New Acropolis Museum (approx. 26 euros)payable in cash directly on the day of the tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athens Greek Folk Dance Lesson with Dinner
- Greek Cooking Lesson with Walking Tour in Athens Central Market
- Private Tour: Athens Shopping Tour
- Early Morning Athens Marketplace, Acropolis and Parthenon Tour with Pastry Shop Visit
- Athens evening Tour Do what locals do
- A Morning Stroll in Athens with Greek Coffee