OverviewDiscover the Acropolis of Athens by Segway on this 2-hour tour, led by a local guide! On your self-balancing electric Segway, glide through the neighborhoods that line the slopes of the UNESCO-listed Acropolis, such as Plaka (Athens’ Old Town) and Thiseio. Explore the Ancient Agora of Athens and stop at monuments like the Temple of Hephaestous, all while hearing tales about Classical Greece from your guide.
This small-group Segway tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring you’ll receive special attention from your guide.
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your local guide at your chosen time – 10am, 12pm or 4pm – and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, you’ll glide along tree-lined streets to the foothills of the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens – the ancient citadel and archeological site that dominates the city.
On the northeastern slopes of the Acropolis is the neighborhood of Plaka -- the city’s Old Town -- home to a cluster of trendy bars and cafés that you'll see as you pass through. Head into bustling Monastiraki, the quarter that’s famous for its colorful flea market and glide past the ruins of Hadrian’s Library – a Corinthian structure built by the Roman emperor in 132 AD.
Just to the east of Monastiraki is the district of Thiseio, home to the Ancient Agora of Athens; once the heart of the ancient city, it's now an intriguing courtyard ruin complete with Doric columns typical of the Classical era. After stopping to take photos and listen to tales about the agora from your guide, glide around, soaking up its highlights like the beautifully preserved Temple of Hephaestous.
Head outside the agora to see Athens’ New Acropolis Museum where hundreds of artifacts from the Acropolis’ Archaic period are now housed. As you weave back down the slopes of the Acropolis, pass Mars Hill where you can see the incredible Rock of Ares (Aereopagus) and marvel at the panoramic views over the city.
After exploring the highlights of the ancient site with your guide, glide back to a location near the start point where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Acropolis Of Athens Segway Tour
- Tour guide
- Segway safety briefing
Exclusions for Acropolis Of Athens Segway Tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum age is 12 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Passengers must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds (46 and 113 kilos).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Athens Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Private Tour: Gourmet Food Walking Tour In Athens
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour
- Hidden Athens Walking Tour And Picnic: Plaka And The Hills Of Athens
- Corinth Half-Day Trip From Athens
- Sunset At The Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
- Athens Walking Tour
- Mythology Games And National Garden Tour
- Olympic Crazy Cart Driving And Mythology Games