Behold the wonders of Ancient Greece on a 1.5-hour walking tour of the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens. With an expert guide, discover one of the world’s most famous archaeological sites. Visit the Theatre of Dionysus and see Dionysus Sanctuary. Then, stroll to the acropolis' summit, stopping at monuments such as Propylaea gateway, the Temple of Athena Nike and the acropolis' crowning glory: the Parthenon. Absorb sweeping panoramas of the city below, and learn about the citadel’s ruins as well as excavation efforts from your guide. Entrance fees not included.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourJoin up with your expert guide at the prearranged meeting point, then set off at a leisurely pace along the tree-lined streets to the foothills of the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens — the ancient citadel and archaeological site that dominates the city.
Make for the south slope of the acropolis to avoid the main crowds, then pay your entrance fee and head inside to see some of the world’s finest archaeological treasures. On the way, visit the Theatre of Dionysus, a 5th-century amphitheater that is often cited as the birthplace of the performing arts. Imagine the grand space filled with Ancient Greek theatergoers as you perch on one of the stone seats and hear about its long history from your guide. Then, stop at Dionysus Sanctuary, a site dedicated to the Greek god of wine and fertility who was also the patron god of the Greek stage.
Inside the acropolis, ascend the sacred hill, stopping to see and learn about important sights such as the world-famous Parthenon, Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion and the Temple of Athena Nike, a monument built to represent Athens’ ambition as the most powerful Greek city.
At the top of the acropolis, take in sweeping views of the city below and listen as your guide shares knowledgeable insight of the citadel’s ruins including excavation details. Then, hear more about surrounding monuments such as Mars Hill, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Philopapos Hill and the ancient agora — a meeting place that once served as the heart of ancient Athens.
Your tour concludes at the acropolis' summit, leaving you free to continue exploring the site at your own leisure.
Inclusions for Acropolis Of Athens Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Acropolis Of Athens Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee to the Acropolis (approx. 20 euros) payable in cash directly on the day of the tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.