OverviewExplore the greatest of ancient Greek architectural feats on a 2-hour walking tour of the Acropolis of Athens. Stroll around the UNESCO-listed Acropolis with an archaeologist to learn about its monuments, including the Parthenon. Upgrade andvisit the commercial and political center of Ancient Greece the Athenian Ancient Agora for a guided 2-hour walking tour of its spectacular statues and treasures.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourTravel back to Ancient times with an archaeologist leading the way, hearing tales that bring the Greece of antiquity to life as you visit the monuments of the Acropolis with your licensed guide ans archaeologist. From the make your way to Ancient Agora (optional) and learn about Ancient Athens daily life in the city's one time political and commercial center. Meet your guide at Acropolis metro station and make you way to Acropolis monuments where temples and sculptures bear witness to 2500 years of human history. The early departure is ideal to avoid the crowds and the heat in the summer months! Roam this iconic citable, perched high above the modern city below, to learn about the historical significance of Ancient Theater of Dionysus, the healing powers of the Sanctuary of Asclepius, and the events that take place today in the reconstructed Odeon of Erodes Attic us.
Pass beneath the Propylaeum gateway to see the famed Temple of Athena Nike, the maiden-shaped caryatid columns, and the crown of the Acropolis World heritage site the iconic Parthenon the crowing glory of the citadel. Hear about the role played each of the structures in classical civilization, book the upgrade upgrade to then continue to the Ancient Agora, the main gathering place and center of life in Athens antiquity. Wander among relics from millennia past and discover monuments like the well-maintained Temple of Hephaestus and the renovated Stoa of Attalos before parting ways with your guide and coming back to the present day.
Tour starts early at 8:00am so you avoid the heat of Athens summers and crowds.
Inclusions for Acropolis Of Athens Walking Tour With Optional Ancient Agora
- Professional art historian guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Acropolis Of Athens Walking Tour With Optional Ancient Agora
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees payable by cash directly to the tour guide on the day of the tour. Acropolis 20 euros per adult from April to October, 10 euros per adult from November to March. Ancient Agora 8 euros per adult from April to October, 4 euros per adult from November to March. Free entrance to Children under 18 years old provided they present a valid passport at the entrance of the Acropolis of Athens.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Entrance fees payable by cash directly to the tour guide on the day of the tour. Acropolis 20 euros per adult from April to October, 10 euros per adult from November to March. Ancient Agora 8 euros per adult from April to October, 4 euros per adult from November to March
Free entrance to Children under 18 years old provided they present a valid passport at the entrance of the Acropolis of Athens
Please wear comfortable shoes, hats and sun cream
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Athens Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Private Tour: Gourmet Food Walking Tour In Athens
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour
- Hidden Athens Walking Tour And Picnic: Plaka And The Hills Of Athens
- Acropolis Of Athens Segway Tour
- Corinth Half-Day Trip From Athens
- Sunset At The Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
- Athens Walking Tour
- Mythology Games And National Garden Tour
- Olympic Crazy Cart Driving And Mythology Games