Acropolis, The Ancient Agora And The Attalos Museum - Athens
OverviewExplore the most fascinating ancient sights where democracy was born. Walk up to the Acropolis, stroll through a central marketplace that gathered the greatest thinkers of their time, and view the treasures at the Agora Museum.
- Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, Dionysus Theater and Sanctuary
- The Ancient Agora and the Agora Museum
- Small group tour
- Skip-the-line service
- Only licensed guides
- Feel the pulse of the city
Know More about this tour
Skip-the-Line Access: The Acropolis
Entrance tickets are not included in the tour fee and the ticket costs will be owed to the tour guide before the tour begins. We save you time by buying entrance tickets in advance so you can skip the lines. This service is provided at no extra cost. Note that children under 18 years old have free admission to the Acropolis and all the archaeological sites.
Entering on the south slope of the Acropolis, you’ll visit the Dionysus Sanctuary and Dionysus Theater before you walk up the slope leading to the Acropolis monuments. Panoramic views of the city will be perfect for Instagram-ready photos.
During your tour, you’ll gain insight into the significance of its historic monuments including the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple and other significant sights including the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Agora, the National Observatory of Athens and the city’s scenic hills: Filoppapos, Mars, and Pnyx.
Note: After the first part of the tour ends on the Acropolis you will have time to take more photos before walking to the Ancient Agora with your guide. Before the guided Agora tour begins at 13:30 (1:30 pm), you may get a snack or a drink. There will be no time for a leisurely lunch.
Ancient Agora: The Core of Ancient Athenian Life
Of all Athens' ancient sights, the Agora firmly defines the city’s status as the cradle of Western civilization. This was where ancient Greek democracy came to life. It was a commercial, political, religious, and cultural hub where the greatest Greeks such as Plato, Socrates, Demosthenes, e.t.c. theorized, spoke out and debated. Explore the temples, an ancient concert hall and imagine ancient life under its famous long, marble colonnaded arcades. You’ll also see the significant artifacts at the Agora Museum, located in the two-storied Stoa of Attalos which was built in the 2nd century BC.
The tour ends at the Ancient Agora at about 15:00 (3:00 pm).
Inclusions for Acropolis, The Ancient Agora And The Attalos Museum
- Local licensed guide
Exclusions for Acropolis, The Ancient Agora And The Attalos Museum
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.