Adelaide City To Sea Bike Tour
OverviewExperience Adelaide as a local on this guided small-group bike tour. This relaxed and fun guided bike ride takes you all the way from the city to the sea. Spend a day in Adelaide in a fun and active way. Pedal your way along the inspiring river trails from the city to the beach where a landscape of blue seas and golden sands awaits. Once you have arrived at the beach, cycle along the spectacular foreshore to the vibrant coastal centre of Henley Beach where you will enjoy an ' la carte' brunch at one of Adelaide's most popular beach locations. Continue your ride to the cosmopolitan seaside town of Glenelg and have the choice of exploring at your leisure and catching the iconic tram back to the city or return to the city with the complimentary transfer.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All necessary equipment included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Explore Adelaide on two wheels
Cycle at a relaxing pace on comfortable bikes and see parts of Adelaide that you wouldnt ordinarily experience. This fun and engaging outdoor tour provides an active and alternative way to get to the beach from the City. It is also a great way to explore some of Adelaides best must dos with plenty of picture stops and surprises along the way.
Experience the vibrant Riverbank Precinct
Starting from the heart of the City, cycle to the bustling Riverbank Precinct home to significant and historic buildings, sports events and public spaces. Sights include the Festival Centre, Elder Park, the Adelaide Convention Centre, the historic rowing sheds and the new $40 million landmark Riverbank Bridge that links the world famous Adelaide Oval with the City.
Ride the serene River Torrens Linear trail
Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the river, parks and wetlands as you ride through an 1800s cemetery, cross under viaducts and bridges and appreciate the serenity of nature in this continually changing landscape. As the river trail comes to an end, you start to feel the ocean breeze and will soon be amazed by the breathtaking coastal views.
Discover the relaxed atmosphere of Henley Beach
The recently redeveloped Henley Square offers the perfect place to take a break and re-energise over a delicious morning brunch while getting some insider tips from your guide. Henley is one of the go to beaches for locals to hang out and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. Take a walk on the jetty and keep an eye out for the occasional pod of dolphins that visit the foreshore.
Cycle along the spectacular coastline
Heading south along the dedicated cycle path, take in the expansive views along the coastline toward the Fleurieu Peninsula. Get a feel for the South Australian coastal lifestyle as you ride past beach side houses, sailing clubs and sand dunes. The final stretch takes you through the stylish Marina Pier complex and Glenelg Foreshore.
Stay and explore the coastal town of Glenelg
Your final stop is the popular cosmopolitan town of Glenelg ideal for swimming, dining and entertainment. Shop on the bustling Jetty Road, discover the museums and galleries or simply find a place to relax and enjoy an ice cream. Take the time to walk along the sandy white shores and feel the sand between your toes or have a swim in the calm blue sea while soaking up some sunshine.
Catch the iconic Glenelg tram back to the City
Your return to the City is your choice! You can either return at your own leisure via the iconic Glenelg tramway or choose to travel back in the group's bus upon arrival in Glenelg.
Inclusions for Adelaide City To Sea Bike Tour
- Small-group tour (maximum 8)
- Experienced guide
- Quality bikes and helmets
- Bottle of spring water
- A la carte brunch
- Tram ticket or return transfer
- Central departure location
Exclusions for Adelaide City To Sea Bike Tour
- Hotel pick up/drop off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age of 12
Children must be accompanied by an adult
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking (minimum 150cm)
Arrive in Glenelg at approximately 1:30pm
Return tram ride from Glenelg to the City is approximately 30 minutes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Barossa Valley Wine Exploration Day Trip from Adelaide or Glenelg
- Adelaide City Tour by Pedicab
- Adelaide Hills Day Trip Including 3-Hour Murray River Luncheon Cruise
- Small Group Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf Hideaway Tour from Adelaide
- Cleland Wildlife Park Day Trip from Adelaide Including Mount Lofty Summit
- Small-Group Fleurieu Peninsula Food and Wine Experience by 4WD