Adelaide City Tour Including Adelaide Oval
OverviewEnjoy a warm welcome to Adelaide with a morning city sightseeing tour followed by an in-depth walk through the iconic Adelaide Oval. Your expert guide shows you the citys heritage buildings, lush green space, modern architecture and vibrant culture while sharing the history of Australias fifth largest city. Visit top attractions like St Peter's Cathedral, Lights Lookout, the North Terrace and Haighs Chocolates. Top it off with an insiders tour of the Adelaide Oval to get a close look at the famous sporting venue.
- Instant Confirmation
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourYour day starts with morning pickup at your Adelaide hotel for a 3-hour city tour by comfortable coach. Motor through the heart of the city to take in Victoria Square and King William Street, an elegant boulevard with many of South Australias most important government buildings.
Cruise through lively districts such as Gouger Street and OConnell Street, and enjoy a highlight for any chocolate lover: a visit to Haighs Chocolates. Sip a cup of complimentary tea or coffee accompanied by tastings of fine chocolates as you hear about the family-owned business, which opened a century ago in the historic Beehive Corner building on Rundle Mall.
Other sights you may see include the Terraces (South, East and West), Parliament House, the State Library of South Australia, Trinity Church, Hutt Street, St Peters Cathedral and the charming suburbs of North Adelaide. Get an overview of Adelaide from Lights Vision, a lookout point named after the city's founding father, Colonel William Light.
From Lights Vision you can spot your next destination: the Adelaide Oval, a renowned stadium for cricket and football. Your coach takes you to the River Torrens where you walk across a new footbridge to the recently renovated stadium. Inside, have time to purchase lunch and explore the Bradman Museum, which features a collection of cricket memorabilia donated by legendary batsman Sir Donald Bradman.
At the designated time, meet for a behind-the-scenes tour of the Oval with a knowledgeable guide who shares stories from the famous venues history. Get a close look at one of the cricket worlds most recognizable scoreboards and admire how heritage elements blend with modern updates in this world-class facility.
When your guided tour of the Oval ends, you are free to make your own way to your next destination. You might like to explore the nearby shops and restaurants of the River Bank Precinct or stroll through gorgeous parks near the stadium.
Inclusions for Adelaide City Tour Including Adelaide Oval
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Adelaide City Tour Including Adelaide Oval
- Lunch (available to purchase)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf Half-Day Tour from Adelaide
- McLaren Vale and Fleurieu Peninsula Day Trip by 4WD
- McLaren Vale Winery Tour from Adelaide Including Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Adelaide Super Saver: Adelaide City Sightseeing Tour plus Barossa Valley and Hahndorf Tour
- Murray River Riverboat Tour including Lunch from Adelaide
- Adelaide City Highlights Tour