Adelaide Gaol’s history extends from the time of the early settler’s right through to today. As one of the two oldest public buildings in Adelaide, the Gaol has much to offer every visitor and is said to be the most haunted site in South Australia. You may even get to contact one of the ghostly inmates!
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourFor 147 years, from 1841 to 1988, more than 300,000 murderers, gangsters, and the who’s who of the criminal underworld were incarcerated at the Adelaide Gaol, Australia’s longest continuously operated jail. Your walking tour begins by meeting your guide at the gaol, where paranormal activity is very high.
Search for the ghost of Governor Ashton, whose body was dropped through a window; learn why Sister Mary MacKillop ended up on the gallows; and hear about the spirit of South Australia's most sadistic killer, who is said to still be stalking prey to this day. With 45 hangings and a burial site on Murderer's Row, it's no surprise that more than 12 ghosts are thought to haunt the building.
Enter if you dare.
Inclusions for Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.