Adelaide Hills Wine Exploration Day Trip From Adelaide Or Glenelg
OverviewThe aim of the day is to get you engaged and involved, so you get a better understanding of all things wine. As part of an intimate group no larger than six, youll be coached through a range of wine styles tasting, smelling, and understanding the differences. The goal is to help you decipher the jargon, to understand the label, and to choose the type of wine thats right for you! Join this exploration of wine, and discover the hidden gemsofthe Adelaide Hills!
- Small group ensures personal service
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tour
Start your day by being picked up from your Adelaide CBD accommodation around 9:30am in a luxurious Mercedes-Benz tour vehicle. Enjoy the scenic route through the picturesque Adelaide Hillsas your wine guide familiarises you with the geography of the region and its wine-making tradition, along with Adelaide's other main wine producing regions.
After a leisurely 45 minute drive you arrive in wine country, where you will get to taste premium wine from the best boutique producers as led by passionate and knowledgeablelocals. Wineries visited could include French-inspired wines at Deviation Rd, the stunning cellar door at Shaw + Smith, views across the Hills at The Lane, or amazing cool climate wines at Tapanappa to name but a few!
During the first two winery visits you will get to try agood selection of premium wines which truly represent the region, and your guide will get to know you and your tastes in wine. The rest of the day will be planned out accordingly, to the tastes of individuals within the group as best as possible.
After thesecond or third winery of the day itstime for lunch. The choice is yours - enjoy lunch in the picturesque little German hamlet of Hahndorf for a traditional German feast at the German Arms, ormaybe you'd prefer something fresh and light from the Seasonal Garden Cafe. There are a variety of options to choose from so it's up to you, but it's our shout!
Following lunch you will enjoy winetasting at two or three more wineries, or if you prefer you can sample some award-winning Hills beers; visit the Beerenberg factory to taste their condiments and preserves; or even visit a local cheesewright to sample award-winning cheeses. We'll take you off the beaten path to make sure you get to discover thetrue essence of the Adelaide Hills. Wineries could include Bird in Hand, ultra-boutique producer CRFT Wines, the South Australian king of Pinot Noir at Ashton Hills, or any number of micro-producer your wine guide has special access to.
At the end of the tour you are transported back to your accommodation for around 5:30pm, along with anything you may have purchased during the day and the many memories you will have made.
Inclusions for Adelaide Hills Wine Exploration Day Trip From Adelaide Or Glenelg
- Private tour
- Tasting fees at the wineries
- Sumptuous lunch with your choice of beverage (at select venues)
- Passionate and knowledgeablewine guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Luxury transport in a Mercedes-Benz
Exclusions for Adelaide Hills Wine Exploration Day Trip From Adelaide Or Glenelg
- Take home wine available to purchase on the day
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mount Lofty Descent Bike Tour from Adelaide
- Adelaide City Tour Including Adelaide Oval
- Barossa Valley with Hahndorf Tour from Adelaide
- Barossa and Hahndorf Day Trip from Adelaide Including Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Small-Group Adelaide City Sightseeing with Handorf Tour
- Barossa Valley Wineries Tour with Tastings from Adelaide