Admission Ticket To King John's Castle - Limerick
OverviewYou will find a visit to King Johns Castle both inspiring and exciting. This remarkably intact Castle with its imposing walls and towers dominate the landscape of Limerick city as much today, as it did centuries ago. Visit the new visitor centre, enjoy the exhibition and relax in the Caf afterwards.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tour
King Johns Castle is on Kings Island in the heart of medieval Limerick City. The stunning new exhibition at King Johns Castle brings to life over 800 years ofdramatic local history.
This 13th century Castlereopened on Friday June 28th 2013, following a multi million euro investment. Explore the brand new visitor centre with state of the artinterpretive activities and exhibitions. Relax afterwards in our caf the perfect place to unwind while enjoying terrifc views onto the castle courtyard and the Shannon river.
21st century touch screen technology, 3D models and discovery drawer are among the exciting techniques that will connect you to tales of siege and warfare. Children will love the dazzling array of computer generated animations and ghostly projections as they travel back through time. The Education and Activity Room is bustling with tasks to stimulate curious minds.
In the busy courtyard, you will discover a medieval campaign tent, a blacksmiths forge and scenes from a seventeenth century siege. The sights, scenes and sounds of King Johns Castle and its environs all combine to recreate the atmosphere of the era.
Inclusions for Admission Ticket To King John's Castle
- Admission ticket
- All activities
- Live entertainment
Exclusions for Admission Ticket To King John's Castle
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Audio-visual presentation available in English only. Leaflets are available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Polish.
The Castle Caf serves tea, coffee, soup, sandwiches and freshly made desserts.
Gift Shop sells souvenirs, crafts and books.
Free car parking available opposite the castle. Two free coach parking spaces on street outside.
The exhibition and interpretative areas are wheelchair accessible but assistance would be required for courtyard access. Accessible toilet is available.
Subject to additional charges on dates that special events are running.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.