Discover Golden Gate Park on this 2.5-hour Segway tour in San Francisco, gearedÂ for advanced riders. Glide pastÂ 8Â miles (13 km) of vibrant gardens, historical monuments, and treasured museums while learning of itsÂ history from your guide. Explore the parkâs eastern end, taking in sights such as the Lily Pond and Shakespeare Garden while listening to trivia and anecdotesÂ about the area viaÂ audio headset.Â
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Ideal choice for families
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tour
Start your Segway tour of Golden Gate Park at the Music Concourse, located behind the bandstand. This advanced tour, catered to a maximum of six participants with prior Segway riding experience, includes less time learning to ride to ensure more time touring the park. Test out your Segway to brush up on your skills, then snap on your headset and radio transmitter to hear your guide's commentary. Gloves, hats, and jackets are also provided, depending on the weather.
After this brief introduction, head out on a 2.5-hour route that covers roughly 8 miles with some challenging terrain along the eastern end of the 1,017-acre (411-hectare) Golden Gate Park. Glide past iconic landmarks and stop for pictures at unique monuments along the way. Learn the history of the barren sand dunes, dubbed the 'outside lands' by early San Francisco settlers, and hear how early designers transformed the area into the lush park modeled after Frederick Law Olmstead’s famous Central Park in New York City.
Stop in front of the Japanese Tea Garden, Conservatory of Flowers, DeYoung Museum, and Academy of Sciences. See lesser-known sites such as the Lily Pond, Prayerbook Cross, and the Fern Grotto. Hear about the Summer of Love and former local bands such as the Grateful Dead, and look for blue herons, red-tailed hawks, and tropical parrots that inhabit the park.
Inclusions for Advanced Segway Tour In Golden Gate Park
- Local guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Use of helmet
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Advanced Segway Tour In Golden Gate Park
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Ages 12 and up
Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
All riders must be between 100 and 250 lbs (no exceptions)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.