Advanced Segway Tour In Golden Gate Park - San Francisco
OverviewDiscover Golden Gate Park on this 2.5-hour Segway tour in San Francisco, gearedfor advanced riders. Glide past8miles (13 km) of vibrant gardens, historical monuments, and treasured museums while learning of itshistory from your guide. Explore the parks eastern end, taking in sights such as the Lily Pond and Shakespeare Garden while listening to trivia and anecdotesabout the area viaaudio headset.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Ideal choice for families
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tour
Start yourSegway tour ofGolden Gate Parkat theMusic Concourse, located behind the bandstand. This advanced tour, catered to a maximum of six participants with prior Segway riding experience, includes less time learning to ride to ensuremore time touring the park.Testout your Segwayto brush up on yourskills, thensnap on your headset and radio transmitter to hear your guide'scommentary.Gloves, hats, and jacketsare also provided, depending on the weather.
After thisbrief introduction, head out on a2.5-hour route that covers roughly 8 miles with somechallenging terrainalong the eastern end of the 1,017-acre (411-hectare) Golden Gate Park. Glide pasticonic landmarks and stopfor pictures at unique monuments along the way. Learn the history of the barren sand dunes, dubbed the 'outside lands' by early San Francisco settlers, and hearhow early designers transformed the area into the lush park modeled after Frederick Law Olmsteads famous Central Park in New York City.
Stop in front ofthe Japanese Tea Garden, Conservatory of Flowers, DeYoung Museum, and Academy of Sciences. See lesser-known sites such as the Lily Pond, Prayerbook Cross, and the Fern Grotto. Hear about the Summer of Love and formerlocal bands such asthe Grateful Dead, and look for blue herons, red-tailed hawks, and tropical parrots that inhabitthe park.
Inclusions for Advanced Segway Tour In Golden Gate Park
- Local guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Use of helmet
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Advanced Segway Tour In Golden Gate Park
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Ages 12 and up
Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
All riders must be between 100 and 250 lbs (no exceptions)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best of Berkeley Gourmet Food Tour
- Private Tour: Wine Country Day Trip from San Francisco
- Ultimate San Francisco Package - City Bus Tour and San Francisco Dungeon Experience
- San Francisco Bike Rental
- San Francisco City and Muir Woods Trip with Optional Bay Cruise and Ferry to Sausalito
- Private Transfer: Silicon Valley to San Francisco International Airport