Advent Adventure Tour: Christmas Markets In Zagreb
OverviewGet into the festive spirit on a Christmas advent-ure (see what we did there?!) and explore the best of the colourful 25+ markets of Zagreb with a local. Feel the child inside you tingle with the sound of Christmas bells and follow your nose to friendly stalls selling delicious gingerbread, mulled wine and other mouthwatering sweet treats. This is one Christmas youll never forget!
Know More about this tour
They always say that you shouldnt go around picking fights with anyone bigger than you but in the case of Zagreb, fortune definitely favours the bold! The citys Christmas Market started out as an underdog on the European stage but it has quickly become the undisputed champion, voted Europes Best Christmas Market two years in a row, stealing the crown from the continents most well established Christmas Fayres and Festivals. So Zagreb is surely theonlydestination to consider when deciding on which Christmas Market to visit this year, right?!
The really special and exciting thing about Zagrebs flourishing Christmas scene is that there are actually over 25 markets to choose from! And on this festive tour, we will take you to the best of them, fork in hand.
We promise that by the end of your 3.5 hour walk youll not only experience the tastes and smells of Christmas including delicious samplings of festive donuts, traditional walnut or poppy cakes and warming mulled wine to accompany all that sugar but youll also learn about our charming advent traditions and customs. We will also visit a local craft stall that specialises in Christmas decorations, have a chat with the friendly vendor and even give you a chance to have a go at making your own, personalised gift to take home. And as Christmas is the time for giving, your gift is on us (well, its included in the tour but it sounds better when we say its a Christmas present doesnt it?!).
Well start our tour in Jelacic Square, which transforms itself into the largest and oldest Christmas market in Zagreb over the winter months. Well check out which concert, exhibition or show is on at the nearby European Square and admire the live nativity scene that is set next to the magnificent cathedral.
Well then explore the Christmas markets of the old town where amazing gift ideas abound, including gingerbread hearts, wheat seeds, Christmas tree decorations, advent wreaths and loads more. Youll admire charming churches and hidden courtyards and delight in the amazingly festive atmosphere of the Fuliranje market, which literally translates as fooling around.
But dont spend all your money yet, as there are more amazing places and artisan stalls and food vendors to visit! How about exploring a secret tunnel that is now beautifully decorated for the winter months?!
Then were off to see the Secret Garden before heading to the loveliest and definitely our favourite park in the city,Zrinjevac (there are three different Christmas markets here alone!), which, together with an awesome-looking ice rink, provides almost endless foodie treats to tickle the taste buds.
Finally, its time to get your (rented) skates on and take an (optional!) turn around the rink and show us your best pirouette.
It will truly be the best and most festive day ever! Merry Christmas!
Inclusions for Advent Adventure Tour: Christmas Markets In Zagreb
- Local English-speaking guide, 1 box of Croatian traditional donuts, 1 piece of walnut or poppy cake, 1 glass of mulled wine or some other typical Croatian winter time hot drink, 1 local brandy and one local street food snack, 1 personalised gift, , All entrance fees
Exclusions for Advent Adventure Tour: Christmas Markets In Zagreb
- Skate rentalAdditional food and drinks other than whats specified in the itinerarySouvenirs and personal shoppingTip/gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
We recommend comfortable shoes for walking around the town and evenings in December and January can be chilly so dress warmly.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select child above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if youll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Trakoscan Castle & Varazdin from Zagreb
- Private Tour: Zagreb - Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Ljubljana and Bled - Small Group Day Tour from Zagreb
- Experience Plitvice lakes tour
- 3 Days for 3 NPs Plitvice-North Velebit-Paklenica
- Plitvice lakes semi private tour from Zagreb
- Full-Day Ljubljana and Bled Small-Group Tour from Zagreb
- Zagreb Urban Kayaking Tour