OverviewTake a night tour of Tenma and Kyobashi, two of Osaka's most well-known local food and drink areas. You'll get to eat typical Osaka food, have a few drinks, frolic with the locals, and have all sorts of fun along the way! Your guide is a native English speaker with the fluent Japanese to take you deep into the local scene. This private tour combines history with adventure, as you explore the nooks and crannies of these very old parts of the city.
- All-inclusive tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Dinner included
- Free drinks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourJust around sunset, we'll meet at Tenma Station (on the JR loop line, just one stop from Osaka Station/Umeda), which puts us right in the middle of a very old part of Osaka. First, we'll head to neighboring Ogimachi Park, taking in the views and getting oriented. Then it's time to dive in to Tenma proper! While walking around, your guide will explain the history and context of the area, and all about the culture that thrives here today.
After about 45 minutes of walking around, we'll stop for our first drink and bit of food for the night, in the heart of Tenma. Food will vary by restaurant and your tastes over the course of the evening, but typical dishes include "kushi katsu" (fried food on sticks), "dote nikomi" (slow cooked beef... parts), "tonpei yaki" (a grilled pork and egg dish), and some healthier things as well -- promise! A bit more walking around Tenma brings us to another great eating and drinking spot, quite different from the first one.
After we've thoroughly surveyed Tenma, we'll hop on a train for the short ride to Kyobashi, where the vibe is a bit more raucous, but equally fun! It's an old area, filled to the brim with character. In Kyobashi, we'll walk around about 10 minutes before stopping at a final "standing bar" for more food and drink.
Osaka is famous for its food, and you're going to see it all tonight! Except takoyaki and okonomiyaki, because you can eat those on your own or with some more pedestrian tour! :)
Your tour will take you to three different open/standing bars that also serve food and the two neighborhoods of Tenma and Kyobashi. The tour includes at least a five small plates of food (a solid dinner's worth), three drinks, and the train ticket between the two neighborhoods. Additional drinks can be purchased, and some nice Japanese whiskies may also be available too!
Inclusions for Adventurous Evening Tour Of Food And Drinks In Osaka
- Native English speaking guide
- Three alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks
- Public transportation fee while on tour
Exclusions for Adventurous Evening Tour Of Food And Drinks In Osaka
- Extra drinks beyond the one included at each stop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Legal drinking age in Japan is 20 years
Children 14 years of age and older are welcome to join with an accompanied adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable shoes are recommended
Maximum group size of five, but the tour is often run as a private tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.